SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Discussion Forums Posting re-design

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Discussion Forums Posting re-design

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/revival/simple.gif[/img]

Saints,

I do understand some might not like this change but it has been something I have had in my heart to do for a long time. My desire is for these discussion forums to be a asset to the website and carry with them a serious manner of careful discussions that will benefit Christians world-wide.

The simplicity of the "replying" and "posting" feature I believe is something that will help cater to this. I will be trying also to simplify the look of the forums abit also. Thank you for your prayers and input.

2009/12/25 2:29Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Discussion Forums Posting re-design

Saints,

do note that to add a web link you will need to use the [b]URL[/b] button above!

2009/12/25 4:46Profile

Hi Greg,

I appreciate that my signature still has colour. It looks better now, with the slightly wider page. Thank you!

I am wondering, though, if you could pray about providing a practice reply screen, (perhaps stickied in the Support Forum) which would give new posters an opportunity to preview their posts, as, I well remember how grateful I was for the Preview pane, when I was learning how to format in SI's style, as across the internet, this can vary in a number of ways.

I would also appreciate knowing how to block in space so that a section of what I'm writing (or quoting) could be centred in a post, [i]without[/i] using the quote function (which makes it all smaller).

Many thanks for considering these things.

EDIT: Ha! In the Miracles forum, the Praise thread is wider than the heading, but here, it is even narrower than before. Maybe this will all be evened out somehow, or, is just a quirk of the way the system is loading on my laptop.

2009/12/25 6:35

double post

2009/12/25 9:56

Greg can you please at least return the "Preview" button?

I use that thing over and over while drawing up my post. I use it to see how the post looks, and I read it several times to see if it looks presentable and I try to read it as if someone else is reading it. I understand the changes that you had to make, but that preview button is an absolute asset.

Please reconsider.

Thank you

2009/12/25 9:57
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Looks good. I like the simplicity.

With care in Christ...

2009/12/25 11:22Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I appreciate that my signature still has colour. It looks better now, with the slightly wider page. Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback so far. I am looking to remove all the color codes so they will not show up. They I believe are very distracting and one of the main reasons why I made this change.

I believe in the support forum there is a sheet on how to use the BB code that I will restrict but still leave some good functions. I will look into putting back the preview function but there will be much less code that will be available so you can mostly get a idea of how its going to look from the normal view realizing that the [quote ] feature makes the text quoted and the [b ] feature makes it bold, etc.

2009/12/25 12:19Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Will we still be able to link to sermons and use the code to shorten the title?

2009/12/25 13:03Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Sister,

yes the URL button is still there to put a link in and put text to display the link.

here is an example:

Watch this great sermon: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18166]The Occult by Bill Mcleod[/url]

2009/12/25 13:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

That works great! Much easier to do - thank you.

2009/12/25 13:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy