SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : American Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I understand what you our going through brother, i have been seeking a true biblical and passionate church for God who our in love with the Lord Jesus more than anything and will do anything for the Lord and a church that wants to separate from the things of this world. I went to a church this past week, i will have to wait to see after a few weeks if it is the one. It is hard after listening to preachers on this site like the ravenhills and reidheads and washers and then go to other churches and be satisfied. But the christian walk is an everyday thing, when we walk out of the church building that is when you really see who loves the Lord. I have found a few believers who had a love for God a 24\7 love for him, only a few, but i prayed for them, pray for God to show you a true church of his and pray for the churches here. I agree with brother Wayne lets possibly be the ones to bring the passion to them and maybe the Lord will show them what they our missing, maybe it starts with someone just like us to start a fire of the holy spirit, it doesn't have to be a pastor, it can be any believer. The true gospel and the cross is what we need today.

2009/12/24 23:40

Re:

Much of what calls itself "the church" in America is not the real Bride of Christ, it is an institutional, filthy harlot that parades itself as the Bride of Christ while prostituting itself with the things of the world and drinking the wine of the fornication of Babylon and indulging in the forbidden unclean things of Egypt. I am pretty sure that it is this counterfeit bride that procyon is talking about. So when we say "church" we should clarify what we mean. The Lord knows those who are His.

Procyon, if you don't mind me asking, do you mind sharing what country you are from? What is the state of the church like where you are from? What are the evident differences between there and America?

2009/12/25 0:34

Re:

Procyon

The last place one would expect to find a Christian in America is behind a pulpit or in a pew.

There are Christians out there, but they tend not to be in those two places, they prefer to be outside what is considered the 'visible church' with Christ.

Old Joe

2009/12/25 1:41
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

In some cases i would recommend one would seek a new church, the tragic thing is today many have been influenced by the worlds mentality and come to church and have an attitude that they need to be "served". Things must be as i want them or i go find another church that better fits my needs. But our attitude should be one of service, if your church is dead i suggest we bring with us life when we come, the good thing about light is it spreads very fast in darkness, so i think we need a servants heart when coming to church. "what can i do to serve my church?" , how can the church best make use of me?

not saying every believer should stay under all circumstances, many churches that God does not visit anymore for sure. But i suspect we have a "perfect" picture how we would like the church to be, but the reality we live in may be of a different kind. The Lord Jesus probably went to a dead synagogue listening to dead sermons from legalistic hypocritical pharisees for many many years. And after being faithful and quiet for many many years God gave him his ministry at the right time and he entered it. And the fruit of that we know of today, and also those that have been close to God throughout history God could use for his purposes, sometimes reformation, other times new churches new movements etc.

So i think we need to pray, be quiet so we can her Gods voice. If he says stay then stay, if he says go then go. Dont make my words into an either or, but rather seek Christ and his kingdom first, and along the way you will meet others who have done the same, there may be seasons of loneliness and walks through the dessert, but God always see us through. It is Gods will we should be one body with other of Gods children. And he will make it such if we obey his voice and his word.

If you have a church with 100 members that are "dead" i am sure you could find one in there that still is alive, he may not hold your favorite doctrine or your view on eschatology or some other thing, but his heart beats for God. Seek them out and fellowship.

2009/12/25 4:12Profile

Re: American Churches

Procyon: I appreciated the freshness and spirit of your post. I also read the entire thread and all of the replies. My surprise is that you actually came from a country [ evidently ] where the Holy Spirit was actually manifesting Himself in local assemblies, within the Clergy/Laity model.

I have had the privilege of traveling some, and I do not believe that the malaise that we experience here ..[ in American churches in relation to deadness.. ] is just our problem. I believe that it is Universal. The idea that a professional, and usually singular eldership would be qualified and able to manifest the fullness of Christ in the church is somewhat of a scriptural oxymoron.

The presence of Jesus in the church is given unto the LEAST OF THE BRETHREN, and to ALL, as a HOLY BODY, not dispensed as a power broker unto one man, or a clergy class. EPHESIANS 4 brings this out; that we are one BODY, with one Spirit as one LORD, and are equal in one LOVE.

The MEETING is not the Church. The community is the Church, and meetings happen, following the leading of the community. Yes, they are important; to come together and form a temple where the Lord desires worship unto Him, but a good rule of thumb would be; "WHERE MAN IS IN CONTROL; GOD IS NOT."

This kind of thinking, however, will bring a death-knoll to the SYSTEM, which allows men to profit , and control, as they set themselves up as the rulers , or ministers of the church. This is what Jesus meant in revelation when he said that He hates the TEACHING and the DEEDS of the Nicolaitans....the clergy class....that we have bought into.

I believe we are in upheaval, by the Lord Himself, and are witnessing the demise of the system, and a rebirth of the Bride in purity and brotherhood. This destroys the old, and the spirit of the clergy class, when the least of the brethren are honored in real life, by all, and then and only then can real unity be manifested, along with His presence and approval.

This is universal; not specific, geographically. The "system" has been established world wide, and is being dismantled, world wide, by the Lord himself. May you find fellowship along the way, until He comes. He is building His Temple, one stone at a time, and is uniquely passionate about each member's pureness of heart, to love the body without prejudice, and honor Him alone as he moves, and not man.

2009/12/25 5:45

Re: Brother Tom

Quote:
My surprise is that you actually came from a country [ evidently ] where the Holy Spirit was actually manifesting Himself in local assemblies, within the Clergy/Laity model.

Let me correct that statement. No, it was not the clergy/laity model. I believe in the Body of Christ which is the Church. We gather around the Lord's Table every week (Sunday) to worship the Lord Jesus Christ and to remember His great sacrifice on Calvary's Cross, and to exalt Him for He is the very 'glory of God'...and His amazing grace is what saves and sustains us in this life. He, in short, is our wisdom, our strength, our very life, our victory, our redemption, our sanctification, our everything. We abide in Him; we rejoice in Him. He is the very center and circumference of reality. He is the REALITY.

2009/12/25 19:55

Re:

Quote:
The MEETING is not the Church. The community is the Church, and meetings happen, following the leading of the community.

To this statement of BroTom, I say: 'Not forsaking the assembling of yourselves' as it is written in Hebrews.

2009/12/25 19:58

Re:

Quote:
The presence of Jesus in the church is given unto the LEAST OF THE BRETHREN, and to ALL, as a HOLY BODY, not dispensed as a power broker unto one man, or a clergy class. EPHESIANS 4 brings this out; that we are one BODY, with one Spirit as one LORD, and are equal in one LOVE.

While agreeing that every truly born again believer is a child of God and indwelt by His Spirit, I answer to this quote of BroTom with Eph 4.11,12: "He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry,for the edifying of the body of Christ" God has given certain gifts to the church, apart from gifts to individuals in Christ. We should know our place in the House of God, and take our share in the service in the House of God.

2009/12/25 20:02
Giggles

Re:

Quote:

Josef_Urban wrote:
Much of what calls itself "the church" in America is not the real Bride of Christ, it is an institutional, filthy harlot that parades itself as the Bride of Christ while prostituting itself with the things of the world and drinking the wine of the fornication of Babylon and indulging in the forbidden unclean things of Egypt.

That's intense.

2009/12/25 20:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
Much of what calls itself "the church" in America is not the real Bride of Christ, it is an institutional, filthy harlot that parades itself as the Bride of Christ while prostituting itself with the things of the world and drinking the wine of the fornication of Babylon and indulging in the forbidden unclean things of Egypt.

Very strong language, and largely true; but I would say that the American church is a dead church. Just dead.

2009/12/25 20:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy