SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Spurgeons first and last words..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Spurgeons first and last words..

[b]Spurgeon’s First Word’s at the Metropolitan Tabernacle[/b]

I WOULD PROPOSE THAT THE SUBJECT OF THE MINISTRY IN THIS HOUSE, AS LONG AS THIS PLATFORM SHALL STAND, AND AS LONG AS THIS HOUSE SHALL BE FREQUENTED BY WORSHIPPERS, SHALL BE THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST.

I AM NEVER ASHAMED TO AVOW MYSELF A CALVINIST; I DO NOT HESITATE TO TAKE THE NAME OF BAPTIST; BUT IF I AM ASKED WHAT IS MY CREED, I REPLY— "IT IS JESUS CHRIST."

MY VENERATED PREDECESSOR, DR. GILL, HAS LEFT A BODY OF DIVINITY, ADMIRABLE AND EXCELLENT IN ITS WAY; BUT THE BODY OF DIVINITY TO WHICH I WOULD PIN & BIND MYSELF FOR EVER, GOD HELPING ME, IS NOT HIS SYSTEM, OR ANY OTHER HUMAN TREATISE; BUT JESUS CHRIST, WHO IS THE SUM & SUBSTANCE OF THE GOSPEL, WHO IS IN HIMSELF ALL THEOLOGY, THE INCARNATION OF EVERY PRECIOUS TRUTH, THE ALL-GLORIOUS PERSONAL EMBODIMENT OF THE WAY, THE TRUTH, & THE LIFE

[b]Spurgeon’s Last Word’s at the Metropolitan Tabernacle[/b]

IF YOU WEAR THE LIVERY OF CHRIST, YOU WILL FIND HIM SO MEEK AND LOWLY OF HEART THAT YOU WILL FIND REST UNTO YOUR SOULS. HE IS THE MOST MAGNANIMOUS OF CAPTAINS. THERE NEVER WAS HIS LIKE

THE CHOICEST OF PRINCES. HE IS ALWAYS TO BE FOUND IN THE THICKEST PART OF THE BATTLE. WHEN THE WIND BLOWS COLD HE ALWAYS TAKES THE BLEAK SIDE OF THE HILL. THE HEAVIEST END OF THE CROSS LIES EVER ON HIS SHOULDERS. IF HE BIDS US CARRY A BURDEN, HE CARRIES IT ALSO.

IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT IS GRACIOUS, GENEROUS, KIND, AND TENDER, YEA LAVISH AND SUPERABUNDANT IN LOVE, YOU ALWAYS FIND IT IN HIM. HIS SERVICE IS LIFE, PEACE, AND JOY. OH, THAT YOU WOULD ENTER ON IT AT ONCE! GOD HELP YOU TO ENLIST UNDER THE BANNER OF JESUS CHRIST!

2004/10/3 12:01Profile
moreofHim

Re: Spurgeons first and last words..

How absolutely wonderful! Both the 'first' and the 'last'. Thank you for posting this.

In Him, chanin

2004/10/3 12:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
BUT IF I AM ASKED WHAT IS MY CREED, I REPLY— "IT IS JESUS CHRIST."

Yes I find in spurgeon a spiritual reality that surpasses most dogmatic doctrines of men. What a wonderful creed: "Jesus Christ" and Him alone!

2004/10/3 12:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Spurgeons first and last words..

Wow!

2004/10/3 13:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Spurgeons Sermons

Do you know who is doing the readings for these recent messgaes you have up?

This is much better than some of the more dry reading I have heard..

A little more unction.

2004/10/3 15:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy