SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

Hi

Greetings everyone on SI!

I have been listening to messages on here for a couple years now and only recently set up an account. I first came here when searching for sermons by Keith Green a few years ago.

I am working out in Eastern Washington in the apple industry learning about the marketing and packing in preparation to work in Central Asia with some brothers in Christ doing training with local farmers. The Lord brought me back to SI about two years ago and has used the ministry to encourage and rebuke me in areas where I thought I was "all right."

After returning to SI, I started by listening to A W Tozer then Paul Washer, then Leonard Ravenhill and then Milton Green and Zac Poonen. Most recently, the Lord has been bringing me back again and again to messages by Art Katz. I have an idea of what He is trying to teach or birth in me but it doesn't appear to have happened fully yet.

When I first heard Ravenhill talk about worship I thought that it was far far off for me. My mind can be full of many things and being still before the Lord is often difficult. Later the Lord showed me that as I have drawn closer to Him, my need for noise has steadily decreased from having music running all the time to listening to a few sermons a day to times when there is almost nothing. One time after listening to a sermon about worship and being still the Holy Spirit instructed to go and do it. So I sat down and sought to be still. I do not understand all the intricacies of the working of the body, soul and spirit but I discovered that when I was still and my mind became quiet that I could then discern more clearly the source of those thoughts that have gotten me off track as footholds to temptation to sin or simply waste time. Because if the thought did not originate in myself, because of my condition of quietness, and did not line up with the Word of the Lord, it was clearly of the Devil. When one knows his mind, it becomes much easier to take every thought captive.

The Lord has taught me several other things as a result of or in relation to the things I have heard through the ministry of SI and I praise God for it.

I look forward to being involved more with the life and community of SI.

May the Lord give you Peace.

Jeremy

2009/12/19 6:56Profile

Re: Hi

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome, and thank you for sharing how the Lord has been leading and blessing you. Amen!

2009/12/19 10:35
Leo_Grace

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy, and thank you for sharing. Continue seeking God, and he will bless the desires of your heart, including your ministry. :-)

2009/12/19 10:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Welcome! I anticipate your contribution to these forums.

Quote:
my need for noise has steadily decreased from having music running all the time to listening to a few sermons a day to times when there is almost nothing. One time after listening to a sermon about worship and being still the Holy Spirit instructed to go and do it. So I sat down and sought to be still. I do not understand all the intricacies of the working of the body, soul and spirit but I discovered that when I was still and my mind became quiet that I could then discern more clearly the source of those thoughts that have gotten me off track as footholds to temptation to sin or simply waste time. Because if the thought did not originate in myself, because of my condition of quietness, and did not line up with the Word of the Lord, it was clearly of the Devil. When one knows his mind, it becomes much easier to take every thought captive.

This is absolutely right. I suspect that noise pollution, i.e., music, even Christian music can be used by the enemy to shut out the voice of the Spirit. (Before anyone gets upset, let me tell you I love music, but even music that I love eventually becomes annoying when played too much, so I have to shut it off.)

Appreciate this testimony.

God bless..

ginnyrose

2009/12/19 13:02Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Praise God for the fruits of obedience.

2009/12/19 15:32Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland