SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are YOU Holy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

After reading your post Frank, the conclusion of one being holy is to have God become full strength in us, hence, "be filled with the Spirit.

Were doomed! I mean that sincerely.

2009/12/19 10:08

Re:

Hi Deepthinker , we are not doomed :) I take your point sincerly :) If it is not our Holiness but His Holiness that counts, and if to "be filled with the Spirit," is the conclusion, then that should be a liberating thought for Christians. Consider this reply I got to to a post I just put up on my site "A Remnants Reformation."...............

To the remnant who will arise from the ruins, to those of us who seek intimacy with our Creator outside of religion, outside of spiritually dead denominational Christianity.

To the elect Saints of God, redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb:

Holiness becomes you…

God truly wants the repentance of man, for man to make a volitional choice for Him…to openly repent before Him and to follow Him, to Call upon Him with a pure heart…

He wants good works towards Him based on a loving personal relationship, and not on good works based on a reliance of oneself… or in ones’ ability to live holy by following a given set of rules – and yes there is a difference.

Yes, there are moral rules and guidelines to follow and understand, but they are only to instruct us in the ways of righteousness and holiness as
we seek Him inwardly, and personally …and they teach me of the nature of Jesus.

The scriptures give me an understanding of the nature of Him who has called me out of this world to be His son, to a new life in Him which is hidden in Christ Jesus – the Holy Spirit bears witness to this truth.

His good works in me (holiness) comes, not based on my own understanding of what true holiness is, but rather based on the inner workings of the Holy Spirit in my life since I accepted Him, and it is in my yielding to Him in all things, and not on my adherence to or on reliance of myself to seek His favour by doing good works (what I perceive as holiness). It’s not what I can do, it is what He does through me.

Because I love Him, because I love Him in the very pit of my soul, and am born of Him, I will seek out those things that always please Him, I will hate the things that He hates, and I will love the things that He loves…if only that I may have just one moment, just one moment in time that I may truly glorify Him in this earthly body… Oh Lord, this I will do as your Holy Spirit, who is within me permits, and teaches me all things.

Does this mean that I will never make a mistake and never sin again? …no it does not. I hope that I never sin again, but if I do, I know I have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. If I acknowledge my sins before God, He is faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

To the remnant who will arise from the ruins, to those of us who seek intimacy with our Creator outside of religion, outside of spiritually dead denominational Christianity.

To the elect Saints of God, redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb:

Holiness becomes you...

God truly wants the repentance of man, for man to make a volitional choice for Him...to openly repent before Him and to follow Him, to Call upon Him with a pure heart...

He wants good works towards Him based on a loving personal relationship, and not on good works based on a reliance of oneself… or in ones' ability to live holy by following a given set of rules – and yes there is a difference.

Yes, there are moral rules and guidelines to follow and understand, but they are only to instruct us in the ways of righteousness and holiness as
we seek Him inwardly, and personally ...and they teach me of the nature of Jesus.

The scriptures give me an understanding of the nature of Him who has called me out of this world to be His son, to a new life in Him which is hidden in Christ Jesus - the Holy Spirit bears witness to this truth.

His good works in me (holiness) comes, not based on my own understanding of what true holiness is, but rather based on the inner workings of the Holy Spirit in my life since I accepted Him, and it is in my yielding to Him in all things, and not on my adherence to or on reliance of myself to seek His favour by doing good works (what I perceive as holiness). It's not what I can do, it is what He does through me.

Because I love Him, because I love Him in the very pit of my soul, and am born of Him, I will seek out those things that always please Him, I will hate the things that He hates, and I will love the things that He loves...if only that I may have just one moment, just one moment in time that I may truly glorify Him in this earthly body… Oh Lord, this I will do as your Holy Spirit, who is within me permits, and teaches me all things.

Does this mean that I will never make a mistake and never sin again? ...no it does not. I hope that I never sin again, but if I do, I know I have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. If I acknowledge my sins before God, He is faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

2009/12/19 10:39

Re: Are YOU Holy?

Hi trxx,

Thanks for your reply to me. It's a bit of coincidence that I only quoted from you, as others have offered similar thoughts.

I don't think the Bible supports the idea that holiness and righteousness are interchangeable terms, and I sought to show that in my last post (in a roundabout sort of way). For instance, we do have the whole righteousness of Christ, (1 Cor 1:30. by which we can enter fellowship with the Father) but, we don't have the whole holiness of God, although we become partakers of it (2 Pet 1:4).

I agree also, we have to beware of trying to calculate our righteousness or holiness, according to our own consciousness of obedience to God. At the least, this is pride, and very likely it's hypocrisy as well. I'm learning slowly that there is a wealth of unholy thinking available to me, if I listen to my own thoughts only. Allowing God to renew our minds is essential, if I am ever to think His thoughts.

2009/12/19 10:55

Yes I am 100% holy. Now this was not something I accomplished or made any effort for whatsoever.

When I was born again my old sin nature died and I was crucified with Christ. My sin Nature no longer exists. Then I received Christ's very LIFE in the place of my old life.

Since I have HIS life, I am as Holy as HE is. I will never be any holier. I Have HIS righteousness and I am just as perfect as HE is.

This is not a positional truth but an actual present reality. Any feelings I have can never change these facts.

I am in Him and HE is in me. I was made one with HIM. I have HIS LIFE and His divine nature.

2009/12/19 10:58

Re:

Here is what Oswald Chambers said on the subject, its always good to listen to a Scotsman on any subject :)..........

"Of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us . . . sanctification." 1 Corinthians 1:30

The Life Side. The mystery of sanctification is that the perfections of Jesus Christ are imparted to me, not gradually, but instantly when by faith I enter into the realization that Jesus Christ is made unto me sanctification. Sanctification does not mean anything less than the holiness of Jesus being made mine manifestly.

The one marvellous secret of a holy life lies not in imitating Jesus, but in letting the perfections of Jesus manifest themselves in my mortal flesh. Sanctification is "Christ in you." It is His wonderful life that is imparted to me in sanctification, and imparted by faith as a sovereign gift of God's grace. Am I willing for God to make sanctification as real in me as it is in His word?

Sanctification means the impartation of the Holy qualities of Jesus Christ. It is His patience, His love, His holiness, His faith, His purity, His godliness, that is manifested in and through every sanctified soul. Sanctification is not drawing from Jesus the power to be holy; it is drawing from Jesus the holiness that was manifested in Him, and He manifests it in me. Sanctification is an impartation, not an imitation. Imitation is on a different line. In Jesus Christ is the perfection of everything, and the mystery of sanctification is that all the perfections of Jesus are at my disposal, and slowly and surely I begin to live a life of ineffable order and sanity and holiness: "Kept by the power of God." (Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. July 23)........Frank

2009/12/19 11:07
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

tuc wrote:
Yes I am 100% holy. Now this was not something I accomplished or made any effort for whatsoever.

When I was born again my old sin nature died and I was crucified with Christ. My sin Nature no longer exists. Then I received Christ's very LIFE in the place of my old life.

Since I have HIS life, I am as Holy as HE is. I will never be any holier. I Have HIS righteousness and I am just as perfect as HE is.

This is not a positional truth but an actual present reality. Any feelings I have can never change these facts.

I am in Him and HE is in me. I was made one with HIM. I have HIS LIFE and His divine nature.

[i]Ro 11:16-20 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches. If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. [b]Do not be arrogant, but be afraid.[/b][/i]

2009/12/19 11:20Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey
I was reading through this thread and I thought I would share this I read just yesterday. I want to live in such away that those around me know my heart belongs to Jesus:-)

____

I Am Set Apart as Holy to the LORD

This was a workday alphanumeric page amongst a hundred or two Saints... Apply His Decree and Opportunities quoted below—along with His Chosen in every country and, back through time, to every generation? His Invitation is nearly irresistible! But we may have to change a few things, in how we value that which is NOT “set apart” for Him. Will we come along with those who had the courage and love and insight to lay aside affections to relationships and seen-world objects which gratify the flesh—but are not part of Him?

No one has ever tried Him truly, with no strings attached, and been let down by Messiah!

For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them

And walk among them.

I will be their God,

And they shall be My people.”

“Therefore, come out from among them

And be separate, says the Lord.

Do not touch what is unclean,

And I will receive you.”

“I will be a Father to you,

And you shall be My sons and daughters,

Says the LORD Almighty” (2Cor.6:14-18).

But isn’t this just all mere POETRY to most? Didn’t Jesus say, that amongst the “many” religious folks using His Name, “few” would choose this way of thinking and acting and deciding, and relating to those who have rejected Him? Let’s allow Jesus to make this all SO REAL and obvious in our hearts and lives! “Few will be those who find it”—but why not you?! Why not me?! : )

“Finally, they made the sacred medallion of pure gold to be worn on the front of the turban. Using the techniques of an engraver, they inscribed it with these words: SET APART AS HOLY TO THE LORD” (Exo. 39:30).

I know no one is likely to start wearing a big gold medallion, inscribed with, “SET APART AS HOLY TO THE LORD.” But WHAT IF God had required it in our Covenant, for you, for every day? You’d wear it to the stores, to work, playing basketball, in your home... How would the constant presence of that declaration, “SET APART AS HOLY TO THE LORD” on a large, gold medallion on your chest, for all to see—how would that affect your AWARENESS of Who you belong to, and HOW you should think, speak, and act?

Go ahead! Volunteer to engrave those words ON YOUR HEART, ON YOUR TONGUE, IN YOUR EYES—for all to see, wherever you go!!

Let it be that obvious, ** “I AM SET APART AS HOLY TO THE LORD!” **

2009/12/19 11:42Profile

Re:

Thank you Frank for that great post. Loved it!

2009/12/19 16:35

Re:

I agree, its a great post. I like how David writes...........Frank

2009/12/19 17:40
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Eph 4:24
(24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I did. I am.

Travis

:-)

2009/12/19 17:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy