SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST HEAR: Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/featured_low11.gif[/img]

Saints,

Zac Poonen shares with the power of the Holy Spirit a message from the heart of God that will show you real Christianity. He speaks against the hyprocrisy that is so prevalent with so many Christians. God's grace leads to holiness and godliness, that is where the peace of God is. May we all be honest with full sincerity before God today no matter how long we have been in ministry.

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4272&commentView=itemComments

2009/12/17 12:00Profile
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Re: MUST HEAR: Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen

This is something I've spent a great deal of time pondering recently. I'm beginning to realize the immensity of what this all means, what it means to surrender my very life to Jesus, what it really means to die to the flesh. I came down with strep throat a while back and during that time while sick I didn't read and I didn't really pray. I thought, "God understands, I'm sick". No, God asks for more. In fact, He asks for me. No more and no less.

Ok, fine. But that led me to search the scriptures as to what exactly I'm expected to do and who I'm supposed to be. I began writing down all of Jesus' commands. The list grew and grew. I came to a few conclusions very quickly: 1. I can't do it, 2. Anyone who gets shouting happy (I'm AoG) about it, doesn't understand it, and finally 3. The ability to do it only comes as the result of a life lived in communion with God through the Holy Spirit. It is why Jesus said it was good that He would go away. Jesus was in one place at a time. He would be unable to stay with me to give me the amount of correction that I would undoubtedly need. All people need this constant conviction and comforting. This is eternity and the small details matter. I believe this is one reason for all the detail in Leviticus and the like. As I was plowing through portions of it, and wondering why it stayed in His Word, the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart that God is a God of details. He cares about the little things, both good and bad in our lives. This means that when my dog ate a box of instant hot chocolate and Oreo's and a couple diapers and almost died, the God I serve cares about my fear. It also means the God that I serve cares when I won't seek Him in the midst of a relatively minor affliction such as strep throat. He can rightfully demand our all.

This is big business. All is a very large word. We serve a big God.

2009/12/18 10:10Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
This is big business. All is a very large word. We serve a big God.

Who, as you said, cares about little things - for nothing is too small, or too large, for Him.

2009/12/18 12:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
He can rightfully demand our all.

If we re-word this it is alot better. We get to "obey God" now and be freed that those shackles of sin that have made us so miserable! Will obeying God make us miserable! NO! But if we are "trying" to obey Him we will be miserable!

We need to realize Romans 6.

Go onto Romans 7 and realize we can't do it in our strength.

And when we give up and allow God to work we are in Romans 8.

I want to stay in Romans 8 and keep reckoning the truths in Romans 6. But Lord keep me from slipping back into trying to keep the law of God by my own efforts. It is a dead-end.

2009/12/18 12:52Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: MUST HEAR: Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen

My wife and I listened to this together last night, and our fellowship went deep into the night. I feel that this is probably the best, most distilled sermon I have ever heard on what it really means to be a Christian. On the one hand I was so encouraged, repentant, and challenged, on the other hand I was very sad that this understanding is not taught well, at least in the circles I have ran in my life. In all of my life I have never heard this sermon, but in many ways it is the sermon I have been looking for. I can say with all resounding passion that I want in my life what Zac was telling us about...

2009/12/18 17:12Profile
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Re:

Quote:
We get to "obey God" now and be freed that those shackles of sin that have made us so miserable!

Yes indeed. As someone who was recently unshackled, hooray for God. I was reading in James and trying to fit the apparent works based salvation with faith based salvation. If what I discovered makes sense than I know the Lord gave it to me. We do not earn our salvation through works, but rather we earn our works through salvation.

We do indeed "get to obey God".

2009/12/18 17:36Profile
Theophila

Re:

Listened to this message...
So convicting and refreshing, all at once.
I sent the link to a few friends....one person has listened to it and called with gratitude to ask where I got such teaching!
Hopefully, they'll come by here soon.

God bless you, Greg and all the folks who work with you to keep this site going.

2009/12/18 19:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy