Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Staying aware of Islams march

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Staying aware of Islams march and how can we respond

I watched a video today and thought to pass it along to you all(see insidetherevolution dot org)

The video is a recording of a TownHall style meeting held at a Calvary Chapel to discuss Radical Islam, Israel, and the Church's role in the Middle East.

Testimonies of former Muslims that have come to Christ are presented along with some other inspiring stories. The question is put forward how we as Christians can respond to these things and the exhortaion that is made several times above all else is that we must love.

I think that the stories and testimonies will be inspiring to others and the exhortation to love is a good reminder for us always always always.

I was reading a recent entry from one of the sites that John gave; the entry is about the suspect in the attempt on the 23rd to blow up an Airliner and it suggests that he had written in chatroom posts about seeking friends and being lonely.

We never know who the people are around us or what they are going through, or what love might do for them.

2009/12/27 22:49Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Staying aware of Islams march, Peer Gynt and a life of avoidance

Hi everyone,

I was watching a documentary related to this subject today that was put together by a Dutch Parlimentary offical who is also now set to stand trial because of it(the documentary). I thought the music that was set in the background was so beautifull that I wanted to find out more about it so I looked it up.

The title of the score is 'Aase's Death' and it was composed by Edvard Grieg, who I discovered had composed it as incidental music for the play "Peer Gynt".

I decided to find out what the play was about and read an article about it on wikipedia.

Something the author of the article writes at the beginning really jumped out at me and seemed so much to relate to some of the things mentioned here; if true, maybe it was also a reason the film's producers choose the soundtrack.

He says that Peer Gynt,

'...is the story of a life based on avoidance".

[i]edited to correct song title[/i]

2010/2/6 20:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy