SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The whole world needs to adopt China's one-child policy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

After looking at that homeschooling map... suddenly Canada looks like a good place to live... if it wasn't for all that snow and cold air!

Krispy

2009/12/16 12:50
kathleen1

Re: The whole world needs to adopt China's one-child policy

Greg, I don't know why you posted this, and I sure wouldn't think you're advocating this policy, but you quoted this article without any comment, so I'm wondering why you would even post this. Limiting births may not be visibly on the agenda in Copenhagen, but make no mistake it's one driving point behind their agenda.

The Bible says "be fruitful and multiply" the world mentality says no, don't do that. We'll starve. There will be too many people. Well why don't they just say that God didn't know what He was doing when He made the earth, didn't forsee the population explosion, and didn't provide what will be needed to sustain it.

A one child policy will lead to 1-loss of freedom, 2-forced abortions, and that's just the top two dangers. What about the unintended or eventual consequences? Control the population by limiting births, getting rid of the elderly, (yes that is where this kind of mentality leads-get rid of the weak and anyone with perceived uselessness, or burdens on society, i.e., the disabled and elderly.

Any government that would put this kind of policy in effect doesn't care a whit about human life. Where will it end? The elderly will be pushed toward euthanasia, told they are a burden to their families-which will get rid of the wisdom of the elderly, because they have lived and seen things this younger generation needs to know.

I may not be able to put this in good words, but I strongly, STRONGLY disagree with this birth restriction thing. You start limiting people's reproductive freedom,(and where would that end?) and you fall in line with the new world order that is getting a grip on our world, our nation's government, and you end up on the opposite side of God. No thanks.

2009/12/16 16:36Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi kathleen1...

Quote:
Greg, I don't know why you posted this, and I sure wouldn't think you're advocating this policy, but you quoted this article without any comment, so I'm wondering why you would even post this.

I certainly know that Greg isn't advocating such a policy. He simply saw a "news" article and included it here (like a "sign of the times"). I've done this often...and I certainly didn't take a position in favor of the individuals focused in the articles. I simply found a notable article that appears to have relevance to the Body of Christ. I think that this is what Greg has done by including this article.

By the way, I agree with the rest of your comments.

:-)

2009/12/16 18:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy