PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Is anyone else reading it that way?

I am.

According to this news report from Hindu Newspaper:
"In recent past the herd of elephants had also damaged villages like Rudabali and Latadi.

But at the Latadi village the elephant herd had saved the life of an aged woman, Sapari Pradhan. They had taken the unconscious woman to her home and tried to keep her alive till the villagers and forest officials came to the Latadi village."

The elephants damaged some and saved the life of another. Amazing. My heart is filled with so much wonder. God knows how to avenge His name and evoke praise for Himself all at the same time. WOW! Beats anything man can do - ever!

I would suppose the secular media or the Hindu media would never note how discriminating these elephants were. It would be interesting if they would make that connection. On the one hand it could make people so dreadfully angry at the Christians and on the other it could evoke reverence for God. In any case God demonstrated his power in a fascinating way. I love it!

SVShanker, could you give us more details about how this incident is effecting the Christian witness in India?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/12/16 19:03Profile
SVShankar

Re:

After the persecution, the christian families are staying in tents outside the village near to the forest. there is no protection for them. last month a hindu militant try to blow up the tents and he himself was killed before planting the bomb. God is doing awesome works. after the work of the elephants, now the hindus are staying in the camps outside the village.there are protection from the police for the hindus but not for christians - thats why i believe God sent his own protection. Hindu militants gave notice to God's children - if they want to come back to the village they have to renounce their faith (which our brothers and sisters refused and still staying in the forest). God is supplying their needs in the jungle (like ravens fed elijah)and protecting them with elephants guarading the place. these elephants come and they dont hurt the christians (awesome God). This is truly our God. People are terrified of this incident but much more than that these simple people (our brothers and sisters) are getting stronger in the faith. Praise God.

2009/12/17 0:43Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

As I understand, the Hindus treat Elephants as holy animals so they would be reluctant to cause harm to them.

2009/12/17 7:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

My heart is so filled with worship and awe - it is so absolutely wonderful, so wonderful I can hardly stand it! I am almost speechless...I will quit before I distract from what SVShankar has shared.

Thanks so much for sharing SVShankar.

ginnyrose

2009/12/17 9:17Profile
chapel

Re:

Quote:

SVShankar wrote:
After the persecution, the christian families are staying in tents outside the village near to the forest. there is no protection for them. last month a hindu militant try to blow up the tents and he himself was killed before planting the bomb. God is doing awesome works. after the work of the elephants, now the hindus are staying in the camps outside the village.there are protection from the police for the hindus but not for christians - thats why i believe God sent his own protection. Hindu militants gave notice to God's children - if they want to come back to the village they have to renounce their faith (which our brothers and sisters refused and still staying in the forest). God is supplying their needs in the jungle (like ravens fed elijah)and protecting them with elephants guarading the place. these elephants come and they dont hurt the christians (awesome God). This is truly our God. People are terrified of this incident but much more than that these simple people (our brothers and sisters) are getting stronger in the faith. Praise God.

Thank you ginnyrose and SVShankar,

This is a wonderful testimony of our Lord's
ability to protect and keep His own.
Our God is able to diliver us by His Own Hand.

Psalm 91:7-16
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. [8] Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. [9] Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; [10] There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. [11] For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. [12] They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. [13] Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. [14] Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. [15] He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. [16] With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

2009/12/18 12:51Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
God is doing awesome works. after the work of the elephants, now the hindus are staying in the camps outside the village.there are protection from the police for the hindus but not for christians - thats why i believe God sent his own protection.

I was encouraged and happy to read this testimony also!

SVShankar,

"...there are protection from the police for the hindus but not for christians - thats why i believe God sent his own protection"

What you wrote here made me think how God's justice works on earth. That it wasn't until the earthly authorites refused to act that this happened. And so the Lord overruled them.

It makes me think how they are both God's ways of keeping rule on earth. But that he didn't overrule the one until they persisted in refusing him. Like between Moses and Pharoh.

It was nice to have someone closer to these events testify about them. Thank you!

2009/12/18 14:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy