SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Giving away some books

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Giving away some books

Hello Friends

I have some books here that I am giving away. [b]I will only send one book[/b] anyone that wants one postage paid. If you live overseas it will go surface which may take up to 1 to 3 months. All the books are in VG condition. These are all old books. All hard cover.

"Thirsting for the Springs": Status: TAKEN

by JH Jowett D.D. This book is about seeking God. It's an old book, probably early 1920's. The table of contents are inviting and someone may enjoy this book. I have never read it but what I have read of it it is good reading. 252 pages

Next book is entitled, "Christian Ministers Manual": Status: TAKEN

This is one of those books that a Minister would carry with him in conducting weddings and funerals, baptisms, comfort, visiting the sick, communion etc.. Each subject is given instruction. 239 pages. If you like form and formula this book is for you. Book looks to be from the 60's.

"The Life and Ministry of W.V. Grant":

We have all heard of W.V. Grant. This is a 100 page booklet about his biography. circa 1952

I have a book here by Evangelist Sam Todd entitled, "Born to Win". I was about to put it on here when I read some of it and it's that damnable prosperity messages. It's hard to believe that stuff was being touted back in the 60's. No, this book will be good in lighting a fire.

The next book is called, "The Best of Billy Sunday".

These are 17 sermons of that famous evangelist. Book is in VG condition. circa 1965 and has 350 pages.

"The Christ of the Indian Road", by E. Stanley Jones. circa 1926. 213 pages

I'll be posting more as I sort through.

2009/12/11 15:01
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Giving away some books

Hey brother, Thirsting for the Sprongs" interests me. :-)

2009/12/11 15:35Profile

Re:

Great! PM me with address.

2009/12/11 16:14
BenBrockway

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:

Next book is entitled, "Christian Ministers Manual":

This is one of those books that a Minister would carry with him in conducting weddings and funerals, baptisms, comfort, visiting the sick, communion etc.. Each subject is given instruction. 239 pages. If you like form and formula this book is for you. Book looks to be from the 60's.

Starting in January, I will be training to be a pastor. I would love to have this book!

Ben

2009/12/11 16:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
I would love to have this book!

I am more than happy to send it to you. You should receive it sometime in January.

2009/12/11 18:09

Re: More Books

I have some more books. Please remember that I am sending one book per address.

This is a Kathryn Kuhlman testimony book entitled, "Captain LeVrier believes in miracles". STATUS: TAKEN

This is one of those books that will build up your faith as you hear this man's testimony of healing of terminal cancer. A small book of 87 pages. I enjoyed this book. Anyone who has a problem in their body would greatly be encouraged. I will send it to you free of charge.

Another book is Oswald Chambers book entitled, "If you will ask". Reflections on the power of prayer. A small book of 95 pages. STATUS: TAKEN

Next book is entitled, "For Men Only" by J. Allan Peterson. I've read some stuff from this book and it has ministered to me. I liked it. 236 pages

Charles Spurgeon's, "The Power of Prayer in a Believers Life". A classic on prayer. This is a very new book. If you were looking to buy this and didn't quite have the money to get it, this is your chance to own it. 192 pages. STATUS: TAKEN

This book was written in 1902 entitled, "The Epistle to the Ephesians". It's apart of a set called the "The Expositor's Bible" by G.G.Findlay. 440 pages.

2009/12/11 18:32
Lysa

East TN for now!

This is a Kathryn Kuhlman testimony book entitled, "Captain LeVrier believes in miracles".

This is one of those books that will build up your faith as you hear this man's testimony of healing of terminal cancer. A small book of 87 pages. I enjoyed this book. Anyone who has a problem in their body would greatly be encouraged. I will send it to you free of charge.
=================

If this is not taken, I would enjoy this one. I will pm you my address. Thank you brother!

2009/12/11 19:45Profile

Re:

Lysa it would be an honour to send this to you.

2009/12/11 20:35
robertlane

I would really love to have Thirsting For The Springs, it sounds like an amazing book!

2009/12/11 21:13Profile

Re:

Miccah has asked for it, but he hasn't sent me a PM with his address. It's a first come first serve basis.

2009/12/11 21:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy