SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you a Starved Christian who has never experienced the Glory of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Adisciple,

You are spot on brother, spot on. You have captured exactly what Tozer was getting at. Isa 6 was the verse the Lord awoke me with early on the morning of the last day of the Wales conference.

Isa 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died I then saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.

What the Lord was saying to me made me weep. I was leading prayer at the conference that morning and the question I was to ask God's people was "Have you seen the King?" Then He gave me Rev 3 and 4.....

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me.

Rev 4:1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door was opened in Heaven.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I became in spirit. And behold, a throne was set in Heaven, and One sat upon the throne.

He then directed me to go and wake brother Brian Long and pray for the prayer service that morning. It was a powerful morning, slightly controversial, but powerful.

You also mentioned Mal 3. This very Scripture was very much a central focus of the Barnsdall conference and again its about the coming presence of the Lord and do we really want it? I think your last statement is great brother....

"Do we-- do I-- love His glory so much that it doesn't matter to me anymore whether He uses me or not in bringing it back? If He uses another, and puts me on the shelf... will I rejoice just as greatly to see His glory return?"

Excellent question...........Frank

2009/12/11 9:29

Re:

"You need to go one up Frank, 40s."

I agree with that brother :-) ......Frank

2009/12/11 9:30

Re:

Hi Paul,you wrote.......

"Presence of God? Yeah...Prove it."

That dramatically proves the point of the post. Do you mind telling us how long you have been a Christian? Please do not feel that I am critizising you, this is the tragedy of the age.........Frank

2009/12/11 9:34

Re:

Quote:
"Do we-- do I-- love His glory so much that it doesn't matter to me any more whether He uses me or not in bringing it back? If He uses another, and puts me on the shelf... will I rejoice just as greatly to see His glory return?"

There are two scriptural thoughts on this.

There is Gideon's fragmented army where a large portion was left behind, on the shelf as it were.

And there is Isaiah who's tongue has been touched and now willing and eager to be sent because he had seen the LORD.

It's hard to imagine Moses being in the wilderness for 40 long years (that is less than half our lifespan today) not doing anything for the LORD until he sees God in the Burning Bush. What a waste of life. I'd like to cry right now, but I am unable to. It's painful to know that as a believer most of us are just driftwood on the beach waiting for someone to add fire to it.

2009/12/11 11:16

Re:

Wow Deepthinker, there is such humility in your reply, thank you brother for your tranparency, it is so refreshing. Your points are right on, right on.........Frank

quote......

"
"Do we-- do I-- love His glory so much that it doesn't matter to me any more whether He uses me or not in bringing it back? If He uses another, and puts me on the shelf... will I rejoice just as greatly to see His glory return?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two scriptural thoughts on this.

There is Gideon's fragmented army where a large portion was left behind, on the shelf as it were.

And there is Isaiah who's tongue has been touched and now willing and eager to be sent because he had seen the LORD.

It's hard to imagine Moses being in the wilderness for 40 long years (that is less than half our lifespan today) not doing anything for the LORD until he sees God in the Burning Bush. What a waste of life. I'd like to cry right now, but I am unable to. It's painful to know that as a believer most of us are just driftwood on the beach waiting for someone to add fire to it.

2009/12/11 11:27
IWantAnguish

Re:

"You'll never convince me that there's revival in America, I'm too smart to know that... I'll bring statistics that will drown you."

-Leonard Ravenhill

2009/12/11 12:07Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I understand what people mean when they say the glory of the Lord is all around us. It's true in a sense.

But if you look up and read the passages in Scripture that tell what happened when the glory of the Lord filled the house of God, or when different ones saw His glory-- they were on their faces, or they could not stand to minister... THIS is the kind of glory Isaiah was prophesying of.

What Isaiah meant in Ch. 6, when the seraphim cried out, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts, the whole earth is filled with His glory," this is a prophetic word.

There is coming a time-- the LORD has sworn it will happen-- when "all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD" (Num. 14.21).

In another place Isaiah prophesied, "The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea" (Isa. 11.9, see also Hab. 2.14).

We are not there yet, obviously. Far from it. Not even the church yet is filled with the glory of the Lord. Far, far from it. But it shall be. (Eph. 3.21). This ought to be the one burden of all Christians, particularly of those who are in a place of leadership.

2009/12/11 12:33Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

We dont see the glory of God because we dont know the pentecostle fire. The tragedy of today is that people are deceived into believing in the counterfeit.

Holiness movement is not holy anymore, pentecostal movement is not pentecostal anymore, fundamentalists movement has grieved the holy Spirit with their dead formality. Legalsism, wild fire, dead othodoxy, these are the effects that we reap in our churches today.

Appolus:

Quote:
"They have never heard God preached about so high and lifted up that they went home in silence and would'nt talk. When A.B.Simpson preached in Buffalo, New York, he preached on the glory of Jesus Christ and when he was finished , they dismissed the meeting and no one got out of their seats. They sat there because they were afraid to get up and walk around in the presence of God. But a whole generation of young people have never seen anything like that. "Oh God restore thy glory by whomsoever thout wilt restore thy glory." (Tozer,Fellowship of the Burning Heart)

This was old time religion in america. Whether you went to holiness, pentecostal or fundamentalist churches in those days, preachers were endowed with power from on high and you would have felt the power of the Spirit bringing conviction to sinners.

2009/12/11 13:12Profile

Re:

Elected writes.....

"We dont see the glory of God because we dont know the pentecostle fire. The tragedy of today is that people are deceived into believing in the counterfeit.

Holiness movement is not holy anymore, pentecostal movement is not pentecostal anymore, fundamentalists movement has grieved the holy Spirit with their dead formality. Legalsism, wild fire, dead othodoxy, these are the effects that we reap in our churches today."

Amen brother. We are indeed reaping the judgments of God which has started at His house. The glory of the Lord's presence has left the Temple as in Ezek. Brother Brian Long preached about it at Wales, I have spoken about it on my own site as the Lord has led but it is the promises of God in Amos 9:11-15 which excite me. This too was preached on in Wales(David Guzik) The promises found there are coming to a hungry and a thirsty people...............Frank

2009/12/11 13:39
MeiLi

Germany

Re: Are you a Starved Christian who has never experienced the Glory of God?

Perhaps you are a young person who has never experienced what Tozer was writing about?

Yes I am :-( ... and I'm fully aware of that lack. So what advice does Tozer give to such a person?

I guess seek, knock and keep knocking?

2009/12/11 16:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy