SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Revival prayer in advent

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoanM

Revival prayer in advent

Two Sundays ago my fellowship made mention of the Advent of Jesus, His first coming in the flesh. I actually don't know much about this "church calender" business. But I know that God has a time-table, awesome and very certain. Never mind the actual date of Jesus' birth. It is enough to know that He was born on the absolutely perfect, God-ordained day.

Yet this information about the times when Christ was born was encouraging to me for our days. [url=http://lifeatthewellspring.com/2007/12/15/reflecting-on-the-first-advent/]Advent prayer encouragement[/url]

This year I have myself been arrested by the content of the prayers and prophecy surrounding His birth.

The just and devote Simeon, waiting for the consolation of Israel said in Luke 2: 29-32 : Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. Then in Luke 2:34-35: Behold, this [child] is [u]set for the fall and rising again[/u] of many in Israel; and [u]for a sign which shall be spoken against[/u] (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) [u]that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed[/u].

And Anna, the first evangelist (?) when John the Baptist was 6 months old: Luke 2:38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and [u]spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem[/u]. [Now that's a message for these days in America.]

Zacharias Prophesies of John's Ministry: (Luke 1: 67-79). Surly locked away in the journals of some that came to America was the heart-cry of Luke 1: 74-75: That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might [u]serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life[/u]. [Now that's a goal to grasp and not let slip.]

In our countries, at this time, Christians of all sorts DO turn their thoughts, if even a little, toward the things of God. Towards His person. And we can encourage them, and they may be encouraged to seek Him, not as He was/has been mistakenly sought before, for redemption in Washington, but for redemption in revival. And it could be in these days that “the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”

There are so many parallels here. Doesn't revival have an advent? advent: a coming into place, view, or being; arrival

[b]May God reveal His heart to us AND the thoughts of our hearts to each of us, all across this land. Surly repentance would follow that. Oh for the advent of revival![/b]

2009/12/9 20:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy