SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the New Testament Scriptures Scriptures?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
davym

Re:

'The New is in the Old concealed and the Old is in the New revealed'

I was taught this as a boy and it has always stuck with me

David

2009/12/8 5:02Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: buddies and church

DT,

Did you say what church these friends went to? Or instead, what belief system are they of? Not that I really care! I'm just being nosy!

2009/12/8 5:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
Did you say what church these friends went to? Or instead, what belief system are they of? Not that I really care! I'm just being nosy!

LOL

They are both Pentecostal, though one of them is by experience, the other I am not sure.

They both have great faith and a surety of salvation sometimes even sets me back a bit and think. When I was very low in my walk, I was taken aside by one of them and was greatly encouraged by the gospel that was presented to me, though I heard the gospel years ago, yet the simplicity of the message I heard was more clearer than I first heard it and it flowed out of her mouth and I marveled. That is why I was taken aback when they said that Paul's writings are not to be taken in as scripture but to be careful how it's received coupled with the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I think I know where they are coming from now. And I tend to somewhat agree with them, though not entirely. I do believe that the New Testament is scripture and holy men of that period were moved by the holy Ghost to write the NT.

2009/12/8 21:58

Re:

Quote:
'The New is in the Old concealed and the Old is in the New revealed'

Something like what I said about Revelations, "What Daniel sealed, Revelations Revealed."

2009/12/8 22:00
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Yes, the New Testament scriptures are equally as inspired and authoritative as the old... and more so, in fact.

What I mean is, if we don't make it a continual practice (with the help of the Holy Spirit) to view the Old Testament Scriptures in the light of the New Testament, we will go quickly and widely astray of God's intent in them.

2009/12/9 1:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy