SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revelation 16:3 ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Revelation 16:3 ???

it is a unusual passage but it appears to me that he's not talking about a man but using the dead man as a description of the blood being like that of a man. Then he says that what was in those waters was living souls or beings I think creatures. If they weren't people they wooldn't have a spirit for only man has a spirit. Zech.12:1 tells us the spirit of man is within him. So I see these as souls and therefore creatures don't you?

2009/12/6 12:52Profile

Re: Revelation 16:3 ???

When Moses' turned the Nile into blood, it wasn't blood that regenerated, it was blood that decayed, like that of a dead man.

It is that simple. Blood that decays and stinks.

EXODUS 7, 19-20

19 The LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, 'Take your staff and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt—over the streams and canals, over the ponds and all the reservoirs'-and they will turn to blood. Blood will be everywhere in Egypt, even in the wooden buckets and stone jars."

20 Moses and Aaron did just as the LORD had commanded. He raised his staff in the presence of Pharaoh and his officials and struck the water of the Nile, and all the water was changed into blood. 21 The fish in the Nile died, and the river smelled so bad that the Egyptians could not drink its water. Blood was everywhere in Egypt.

The term every living soul refers to living creatures, obviously, not just humans.

2009/12/6 13:40
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Revelation 16:3 ???

I agree with that interpretation. The word "soul" has so many different shades of meaning that I don't use it any more often than I have to.

What happens to the souls of the souls that were on board when the soul train crashed? :-?

I think "soul" in this scripture simply refers to "living thing" and not "immortal spirit" which is peculiar to man.

However, if a man happens to be scuba diving.....Never mind. 8-)

2009/12/6 13:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy