SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Over 150,000 Americans Sign Manhattan Declaration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
And remember, this subject is not taking place in a vaccuum. There was the infamous evangelical agreement not to prozeltyze Catholics back in the 90s, the main reason being that they were already brothers in Christ. So, considering that Catholics represent a third of the world's population and the hierarchy of that organisation is actively opposed to genuine Christianity, and the "Evangelical compromise," then I think we must be clear and make a bold stand. I would say to anyone, if you truly love Catholics, share the Gospel with them........Frank

We need to share the gosple too with protestants, many of them are deceived in believing a "christ" that does not save from sin but they believe he gives them a ticket for heaven. :-)

2009/12/10 17:24Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

I believe it is time we look past the denominational "faces" of people and look into their lives and the values they support. What elected said is true - even Protestants cannot claim to be Christian.

This declaration is supporting values that any true Christian would embrace. The reason why so much godless humanism has gotten embedded into the fabric of law and culture in the US is because the promoters of humanism are loud and active, while Christians tend to be silent.

Business, which strongly influences culture, and politics, which determines governmental laws, are extremely sensitive to what they hear. When Christian values are drowned out for whatever reason, things like abortion, promiscuity, humanism, and general sinfulness gain ground.

We should stand up and be counted - if only for those thousands of unborn children that are murdered every day. The issue of denominational obedience to Christ can be addressed elsewhere.

2009/12/10 18:04Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Let's everybody pay close attention these days to just what, and who, they are being gathered with.

Mt. 13.30.

2009/12/10 18:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
Just so everyone knows, I would totally reject the so called Rev Phelps. An ugly man indeed........Frank

tongue in cheek brother frank, tongue in cheek,

neil

2009/12/10 19:48

Re:

"We need to share the gosple too with protestants, many of them are deceived in believing a "christ" that does not save from sin but they believe he gives them a ticket for heaven."

Amen brother, I am no apologist for the protestant movement, I am only interested in people who have had a genuine encounter with the Living Christ and as a result became a new creature in Christ..........Frank

2009/12/10 20:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy