Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Leo_Grace wrote:

Quote:

I think you are reacting strongly to something that was not proposed at all by anyone in this thread.

I appologize if I am coming off this way, I truly am not offended or trying to react wrongly.

Quote:
Are you a fornicator? If you are (but I don't think that you are), then I honestly believe that you should not be allowed to have any children (not just your kids) around you.

Please back up this specific claim, with scripture. Chapter and verse. ;-)

2009/12/4 1:30Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:
Please back up this specific claim, with scripture. Chapter and verse.

Lest anyone be misled, I admit that is my own sentiment, not necessarily God's. :-)

God bless you, Christiaan.

2009/12/4 1:35Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting ginnyrose

you wrote:MJ, the fact that you are married to your child's dad and that you are still together and serving the LORD is very rare considering the circumstances in which you got together in marriage. Do you realize how rare and unusual your situation is? Must be the mercy and grace of God at work there...
___

When we had been married for 15 years my husband and I separated for about four and half months. He moved back in with his mom and dad. I was pregnant and remained with our other four children. I really thought that was going to be it for us, I thought I was going to end up like my mom, a divorced single mom. During that time my husband and I even went to see a christian marriage counselor. He was a very good listener but not a very good christian. Sadly he gave us both some very worldly advice that actually made things worse for a time. You mentioned that it must be God at work in our lives, that we are still together... I agree with you completely. Both my husband and I tell everyone that the only reason we are still married is because of Gods grace and mercy on us both. He took two wretched selfish sinners like us, and not only saved us but He healed our family as well. I never take one moment of my time with my husband for granted, I have learned to love him with a knew heart, one that is centered on Jesus and not self. By all the worlds reasoning we should be divorced... but we aren't, Praise God for His care and kindness!!

Sadly I heard later that the marriage counselor we had seen during our time apart actually left his wife and got a divorce.

God Bless
mj

2009/12/4 2:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Please back up this specific claim, with scripture. Chapter and verse

You have asked this question before.

I will be the first to tell you there is none. But I will tell you that Ephesians 6:4 tells us that fathers should not provoke their children to wrath. Scripture is also clear that incest is sin. Life also tells us that once parents resort to this perversion there is no stopping apart from repentance and the grace of God operating in that life. So children need to be removed from that environment.

Children that are illegitimate deserve a resident dad. Period. That is why God told us that a man should leave his parents and cleave to his wife. It is not good for single moms to raise their children alone. To impregnate a woman and leave her and the child[ren] set is a form of abuse and it is sin. Children grow up angry at dad who is not there for them. Children need dad in the house to balance out the mom. She cannot do everything and Dads provide a perspective of life the mother cannot. You see you cannot violate God's will and succeed.

In this discussion, I wish you would study 1 Corinthians 6:18 in its context.

ginnyrose

2009/12/4 21:53Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

ginnyrose wrote:

Quote:

I will be the first to tell you there is none. But I will tell you that Ephesians 6:4 tells us that fathers should not provoke their children to wrath. Scripture is also clear that incest is sin. Life also tells us that once parents resort to this perversion there is no stopping apart from repentance and the grace of God operating in that life. So children need to be removed from that environment.

Children that are illegitimate deserve a resident dad. Period. That is why God told us that a man should leave his parents and cleave to his wife. It is not good for single moms to raise their children alone. To impregnate a woman and leave her and the child[ren] set is a form of abuse and it is sin. Children grow up angry at dad who is not there for them. Children need dad in the house to balance out the mom. She cannot do everything and Dads provide a perspective of life the mother cannot. You see you cannot violate God's will and succeed.

In this discussion, I wish you would study 1 Corinthians 6:18 in its context.

ginnyrose

Thank you for your replies in this post guinnyrose. I will take your advise and study the scripture that you quoted in context.

Blessings

2009/12/4 23:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy