SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the "universal church" biblical?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by enid on 2009/12/2 0:09:41 No doubt 'haydock' and 'ByEveryWord' are one and the same person.

Wrong.

Do you have no clue how many God-fearing Bible Believing Catholics and Orthodox there are out there?

Remember...WE are the ones who wrote, preserved, and translated Sacred Scripture into your native tongue. (Yep, the first English Bibles were Catholic)

And, no...we don't believe in that dangerous and relatively new doctrine of Sola Scriptura.

2009/12/3 3:21
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

haydock wrote:
Quote:
If we must rely on the Pope to rightly interpret Scripture and tradition for us, then whom do we rely on to rightly interpret the Pope for us?

This is what you would rightly call a straw man argument. I never said that "we must rely on the Pope to rightly interpret Scripture and tradition for us". This is not Orthodox Catholicism.

No need to refute your other crazy statements since they are based upon faulty assumptions.

I encourage you to find out what it is that I DO believe before you assume. It is clear that you misunderstand Catholicism.

Are you willing to take a step back and actually ASK me what I believe and listen?

The more important point, haydock, is that you misunderstand Christianity. Catholicism is nothing. Christianity is everything. They are not compatible.

You should read the Bible and learn the commands of Jesus Christ.

2009/12/3 9:49Profile

Re:

Haydock, you have it all wrong. The believing Church, since the beginning has possessed and passed down the Spirit Breathed Word of God, the Majority text. The Catholics (circa 400 AD) chose the Minority text, created by Origen and the Gnostics, to use as their text.

Haven't you wondered why there is so much corruption and Biblical error within the Roman Catholic Church? Indgulgences, Homosexualty within the "priesthood", the worship of Mary as a co-redemptrix with Christ? The Worhip of the Pope, instead of the Worship of Jesus Christ, our Savior, etc etc etc????

The Bible tells us: "By their fruits ye shall know them"

The fruit of the Roman Cahtolic Church (Roman Catholocism) is corruption, error, and false doctrine!

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

haydock wrote:
Quote:
by enid on 2009/12/2 0:09:41 No doubt 'haydock' and 'ByEveryWord' are one and the same person.

Wrong.

Do you have no clue how many God-fearing Bible Believing Catholics and Orthodox there are out there?

Remember...WE are the ones who wrote, preserved, and translated Sacred Scripture into your native tongue. (Yep, the first English Bibles were Catholic)

And, no...we don't believe in that dangerous and relatively new doctrine of Sola Scriptura.

2009/12/3 11:12
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

This is what you would rightly call a straw man argument. I never said that "we must rely on the Pope to rightly interpret Scripture and tradition for us". This is not Orthodox Catholicism.

Actually, this is orthodox Catholicism, and not a straw man. It gets to the heart of the issue. If a question and dispute arises within Catholicism as to what the church believes, it is taken to Rome and decided. When ex cathedra is declared, there is no more room for interpretation of Scripture or tradition, for the Pope has declared to us what it is.

But then that begs the question, if the Pope becomes the authoritative interpreter of telling us what the Christ and the apostles taught, then how is it we have the ability to interpret the Pope, but not Christ and the apostles? Shouldn't we also then need somebody who can rightly interpret the Pope for us?

Additionally, I don't need to ask you what you believe about these things, as Rome has already told you what you should believe about these things, and I can simply reference Church history, the councils, the canon's, etc., etc. and find out exactly what you believe without asking you. As it is, perhaps you are a bad interpreter of Rome and can't be trusted. God knows you've already shown childish like behavior on this forum a thousand times. I've known better Catholics who had a better control of their mouth. Maybe you are a heretic of the Roman Catholic Church that simply hasn't been ex communicated yet.

So I say that to say anytime I want to know what Rome believes, I'll ask Rome. But then again, I hope I can find somebody to interpret what Rome says for me.

2009/12/3 11:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy