SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Want revival in my heart! Keith Green and Leonard Ravenhill are fast becoming my teachers!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ThomasAdam

South Yorkshire, England

Want revival in my heart! Keith Green and Leonard Ravenhill are fast becoming my teachers!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site. I can't believe the incredible resources available here. I have recently become aquainted with the work of Leonard Ravenhill (an english man like myself!) through reading about Keith Green. I am inspired to repent as I should and see God for who He is. I know my heart is hardened. Help! I want to see the Lord burn up my flesh - but I can't 'work it up' myself. Any advice on how to take great strides forward in my faith would be welcomed!

2004/9/27 16:20Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: Want revival in my heart! Keith Green and Leonard Ravenhill are fast becoming my

Hello ThomasAdam
It is so wonderful to read peoples enthusiasm of the recources on this site. It brings back memories of when I first found this site. You said "Any advice on how to take great strides forward in my faith".
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God Rom 10:17.
As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby Peter 2:2.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us Heb 12:1.
Also all the sermons here will stir you heart. I especialy encourage you to listen to Leonard Ravenhill's sermons on prayer.

2004/9/27 16:43Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Want revival in my heart! Keith Green and Leonard Ravenhill are fast becoming my

This is meant as encouragement, Stop repenting and start obeying.;-)

Qualify, Qualify, Qualify, no way, think about it. :-P

2004/9/27 17:02Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
(an english man like myself!)

Hi Thomas
welcome, there are one or two of us about, even here on sermonindex.

2004/9/27 18:38Profile
tedlock

Michigan

Brother I would recommend The following Zac Poonen Messages: The Real Jesus Series (5 parts),
True Christianity,
Romans 1 and 2 (From the Thru the Bible series)(70 message series)
All are found here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157

Also some encouraging Godly music from Doug Tanner
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=344

and from ObeyGod.com
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=346

Peace and grace Brother

2004/9/27 20:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm new to the site. I can't believe the incredible resources available here. I have recently become aquainted with the work of Leonard Ravenhill (an english man like myself!) through reading about Keith Green.

Hi Brother, welcome to SermonIndex I am glad you found the site!! Leonard Ravenhill is definetly one of main preachers on the site that is promoted as a "must listen to." I actually started the site after being inspired from the "Intervew video" of Leonard Ravenhill

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1702]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video)[/url]

I am looking forward to your continued fellowship on the site dear brother. After you listen to Ravenhill a few times the emphasis you will surely get is to "give God time." Give him more time in prayer, establish a daily amount of time to hear from Him, the quiet time is of utmost importance to grow in the faith.

2004/9/28 1:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hi Thomas!

A most sincere warm welcome to you!
I can whole heartedly second that recommendation from our brother on the Zac Poonen series: "The Real Jesus", Zac Poonen has become very dear to my ears and heart, a preacher from India which coalesses nicely into this next thought taking off from Philologo's comment...

Even in this thread the multiculture seasoning stands out. The UK, South Africa, Canada, even us from the USA who sometimes forget there is a whole other world out there beyond our borders. But there are representatives from all over that contribute here and it is a true blessing to hear from and share our common love for the Lord and striving together to grow in grace and knowledge of Him.

Quote:
I know my heart is hardened. Help! I want to see the Lord burn up my flesh - but I can't 'work it up' myself. Any advice on how to take great strides forward in my faith would be welcomed!

Think you may have begun to answer that question already. With the variety of teachers and preachers as well as the input from the brethren, think you will find plenty for fleshly burnings as well as a healing balm for your soul. There is a needed balance I believe and think you can find that here.

Other recommended:

Keith Daniel
Ron Bailey (Your neighbor and countryman aka' Philologos')
A.W. Tozer
Art Katz...
T. Austin Sparks
A recent comment comes to mind...[i]"There all 'must hear sermons"[/i] think it was 'King Jimmy' if I recall who made that grand statement.
And I have to agree, otherwise I would never complete this list...

2004/9/28 8:15Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi Thomas!Welcome, enjoy the ride!
Ron's right there are a few of us over here in the motherland!
This site is great for international conversations !where there is no Greek or Jew no barriers just folk hungrey for God.
bless you mate

:-)

2004/9/28 10:05Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: "Can't 'work it up' "

Thomas wrote:
“I am inspired to … see God for who He is …I can't 'work it up' myself. Any advice ... would be welcomed!”

Perhaps the thread, LIKE CHRIST – [u]In the Likeness of His Death[/u] , by Andrew Murray, under “Other Speakers” may help.

I shall be posting it in bite-sized, digestible, segments.

Blessings to you and all others who have discovered that they “can’t work it up” themselves. :-)

Roger

2004/9/28 13:33Profile
DanielL

Sweden

Re:

In these days, where the judgement of God is heavy upon nations, individuals and churches we do not dare to 'work it up'. We have been stripped of our own works, and found out our ambitions were only phony. For me personally, the desert became the turning point, and the message is now Christ ALONE. Our faith is not faith in ourselves but faith in Christ. He lived the life I should have lived, He then got crucified in my place, and after the resurrection He now prays and intercedes for me. That is-in short-the faith I now have, ans as you see it does not include me and my ego at all. God bless each and every man and woman who hungers after him.

2004/9/28 13:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy