SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Serious Need

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Serious Need

This was posted by a 20 year old young man that I know. His name is Sam Wright.

Maxed Out

Ok people, I feel really selfish saying this and I almost feel like I'm demanding it, so it's probably wrong but I've seriously had enough. I really need people to do some praying for me and my family.

When my status states that I'm "totally stressed out" then that really means I'm totally stressed out. Its not like I had a bad hair day or something really stupid. I'm really tired of being stressed out and I'm tired of this constant teetering on the edge of disaster. I really want to go over a few things but I'm afraid to because this is the internet and I'm afraid of letting things "get out" or saying to much, but I'm so tired of all this. So I'll outline a few things, starting selfishly with me.

1. I have a bunch of finals this week and next week, and some of them will definitely determine whether I pass the class or not. I need some good scores.

2. I'm broke. I know I live at home, but I'll get around to that.

3. Leading from that, I trying to get a federal student loan to go through in time for next semester. I'm gonna get kicked out of all the classes I signed up for, and then hope and pray that I can sign up for them again before the term starts because the payment won't be due until a week after the term starts.
According to the grossly insensitive FAFSA Calculator my dad is supposed to just hand me $14,000!! Where do these bogus figures come from!?! The government doesn't account for the economy it's helping ruin! It doesn't account that my Dad's business went from the best year ever to basically nothing left! It doesn't account for all the medical problems we've had around here lately. It's a stupid cookie-cutter mold to try to fit everyone in.

The Government is chasing jobs and business out of the United States thus now some cheap Chinese company can make my Dad's product and sell it to Walmart through Berkly (good job uncle sam stabbing yourself in the heart of industry). When I was a kid I would ask my dad what all the boxes of product were laying around the house and my dad would say "Sam, this is your college". Well that's not true anymore, because the worm-threader is basically dead and needs a miracle to revive it. Even if it was rejuvenated my Dad doesn't have the energy to work his business anymore - a business we think put him in his condition. Wonderful he works almost his whole life at making a business and as soon as it gets huge a Chinese company comes along steals it just as is left with a medical condition from it. But the Chinese don't give a crap cause their getting rich (even if they really knew anything about my dad they wouldn't care - they're heartless industrio-fags pining to get filthy rich).

So I say all that to say FAFSA nor Obama "care" - I just can't WAIT for federal health care to pass and treat me the SAME EXACT WAY!

4. Because of the rotten economy there are no jobs around here except phone center jobs (and even those are scarce). I will seriously shoot myself if I have to do another impersonal, torturous, policy filled, rude phone center job. I'M SORRY WORLD I'M NOT MADE OUT OF NAILS! I'M SORRY WORLD THAT I'M A GUY AND CAN'T MAKE RATE.
The other jobs available involve door to door sales, oh that's even worse and I can't sell anything to save my life. That not a job because it's working hard to get a commission that is impossible to get. That's more like volunteering to run around and make a fool out of yourself and come out even poorer. Even assembly line jobs are unavailable due to the economy.
I'm thinking about applying to the ski resort, but that will hardly make money.

5. Not only am I poor, but my family not in a position to hand money to me - no matter how bad I need it, because all four of us are in the same boat. In fact I'm the richer or the other three. I don't expect to get anything for christmas and I don't really want anything for christmas because it saves them money.

6. I get worried about my dad. I mean come on who wouldn't? What if he gets too sick and can't work anymore? That means I drop out of school and start a career - any career - to support the family. And I don't just say that selfishly either. My mom would probably have to work and Emma couldn't be educated at home anymore. Life would be even more hateful than it is now.

Why won't the doctors find a cure? Why don't they care? Why are the just a medical mill. Oh and I know all of you reading this who support the health care bill are like "well that won't happen with socialized medicine" no the exact opposite will happen doctors will get so lazy that they'll stay at the bottom of their quota. Soon we'll all have beautiful teeth just like the Brits who have had social medicine for a long time. We'll end up on waiting lists forever.

Wait why am I even telling you people this? Who even cares? Who even decided to read this far down? Well if you believe in prayer, and Gods healing and intervention and that God is the "God who's not short of cash" (lol a little switchfoot there for ya). Then please pray for us. It may seem like we're an average family doing alright, that live on the edge of a town. But things are rough. It seems like we've had nothing but tough times the last 10 years. Whether it was spiritually (Moab), mentally, socially, (Dutch John), or financially, medically, (DJ, and here). I want some rest. I want to have a little peace. I know that's like finding heaven on earth, but I think it's out there somewhere.
I don't know why God has put us through all this and I'm starting to ask him if it's over yet.

I know life isn't easy, but sometimes it feels like I'm just barely keeping my balence, and one little thing to upset that will be really really bad.

Please pray for us. I probably gave you way toooooooooooooooooo much information. Just disregard it.

2009/11/30 13:15Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: Serious Need

Dear alan4jc,

You might be expecting an answer loaded with world life experiences and the wisdom of the aged, but there is no better answer for what you have posted than the Word of God:

[i]Mt 6:25-34 [color=CC3300]“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. [u]But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well[/u]. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."[/color][/i]

In Christ,
Leo

2009/11/30 13:57Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Serious Need

Hi alan4jc...

I would recommend the following for this young man:

1. Pray (and study);

2. Pray;

3. Pray;

4. Pray;

5. Pray;

6. ...and, Pray!

I understand the concern and anxiety that this young man might feel. I went to public universities. There were times where I was flat broke! I couldn't afford my tuition and fees, let alone the costs of room and board. Yet, at times, God was able to provide for me when there seemed to be no way!

At one point, I was going through a very rough time (financially). I didn't even have money for food or gasoline for my car. My parents (who were out of state) would certainly have sent help, but I didn't want to trouble them. I cried out to God one night as I walked outside of my dorm. I persevered in anguished prayer until about 5 A.M. Finally, I reminded the Lord (as if He really needed to be reminded) that I was His child. I told Him that it would be difficult to explain to people that I shared the Gospel with how I was a child of God living in such need. After pouring out my heart before the Lord, I felt a deep peace. I was reminded that the Lord knows those who are truly His...and He knows how to take care of us.

As the sun started to go up, I went inside to take a nap before class (I didn't have class until later in the morning). I was awakened by a telephone call just after 8 A.M. The caller told me that they were from the Financial Aid office, and they asked whether or not I wanted to receive some grant. I asked if it was a "grant" or a "loan," and they said that it was a grant. I told them, "Certainly!" They told me that I had to go to the office and give my signature. I hung up the phone. I remained in my bed for a few minutes, and then wondered if I had actually dreamed this telephone call. So, I called back the Financial Aid office.

The financial aid officer explained that it was indeed true. I asked them how this happened (because it was already the middle of the semester). They explained that they had no idea! They simply arrived to work that morning, turned on the computer, and noticed that they had received a message about this grant for me. I asked them about the amount of the grant, but they couldn't tell me this over the phone. I quickly hurried over to the Financial Aid office, and "accepted" my grant. It was actually enough to cover all of my tuition, fees, room and board for the entire semester -- plus enough left over for gasoline, personal items and a sizable offering to the Church. God can take care of us like no one else!

During another semester, I was worried about the upcoming semester. I had applied for several major national scholarships and grants, but I really didn't expect to receive them. I even lost track of which scholarships that I had applied for. On the day that I needed money the most, I received a letter stating that I had received a massive scholarship from NASA that would cover the rest of my undergraduate education. Not only did it cover my tuition and fees, but it covered my room, board, books and travel expenses! It even provided intensive NASA research internships during each of my remaining summers in college.

God can take care of us! It does require time in prayer and the acknowledgement about how much we need and rely upon the Lord. I can say with much sincerity and experience that I know what it is like to be in great need...and what it is like to have much...but in everything, we must be content!

I would encourage this brother to apply to scholarships -- even those that he might not think that he is qualified for -- and leave it to God. There are scholarship search organizations (like FastWeb or QuestBridge) that help in this process. I helped several people over the last couple of years. We prayed steadfastly throughout the essays and applications' process -- and every one of them was accepted into distinguished colleges with funding. In fact, I was even able to help guide a man without a high school degree (or a GED) to get into a major state university with a grant and scholarship that paid for it all. Of course, I fully believe that this had little to do with our own efforts. I believe that God took our best and magnified it for His glory.

Let this young man know that I will be praying for him. If he needs some information about these sort of processes, tell him to write me a PM.

2009/11/30 19:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy