SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : RETURN TO BASICS--JESUS MADE IT SIMPLE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tufftuff

SOUTHEAST USA

RETURN TO BASICS--JESUS MADE IT SIMPLE

test 123, testing 123,,,, anyone a member here like me, who has wondered just how off-track we are and need to go back to jesus' arms and let him/holy spirit re-teach us love, grace mercy, forgivness, and true peace. alone with him and him alone, true quiet time, true intimacy with him. did the diciples go to the temple and "study" the scrolls i.e., cross-refrencing, wrote thier own interpretations of the scripyures and of course"sold" them to make a living?????? we need to stop competing with eachother about how much bible verses we can quote and copare our brother and sisters by what theological degree they have and what man-made denonmination they a a "member" of. WHEREVER TWO OR MORE ARE GATHERED, I AM IS IN THE MIDST OF THEM---WE ARE THE CHURCH, AND ONLY,ONLY JESUS CHRIST IS THE HEAD NOT THE PASTOR.... :-)

2009/11/29 23:56Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: RETURN TO BASICS--JESUS MADE IT SIMPLE

Quote:
we need to stop competing with eachother about how much bible verses we can quote and copare our brother and sisters by what theological degree they have and what man-made denonmination they a a "member" of

Dear tufftuff,

Do you know enough about the people in this forum and what they discuss here to be able to admonish them like this? Please do some reading and get familiar with this community before you start posting.

In Christ,
Leo

2009/11/30 0:09Profile
tufftuff

SOUTHEAST USA

Re: LET YOUR YES BE YES AND YOUR NO BE NO (YA KNOW?)

HEY BROTHER, SORRY TO GET YA RILED UP, NOT MY INTENT BUT I DO WANT THE CHURCH TO SHAKE OFF WHAT WEVE PUT ON IN THE NAME OF CHRIST THAT'S NOT REALLY ASSOCIATED WITH HIM. ALL CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORES HAVE SHELF AFTER SHELF OF "DEVOTIONAL" BOOKS TELLING OUR FAMILY (BELEIVERS) WHAT TO THINK ON CERTAIN DAYS OF THE YEAR, AND EXCUSE ME FOR NOT KNOWING THIS COMMUNITY BUT THIS COMMUNITY NEEDS TO FOCUS ON TELLING THE TRUTH AND NOT WALKING ON EGGSHELLS OR SOUNDING POLITICALLY CORRECTION WITH CHRISTIANEESE. THE "CHURCH" NEEDS TO WAKE-UP, GROW-UP, AND FOLLOW JESUS INTIMATELY, NOT INTELLECTUALLY. WE SHOULD USE THIS MODERN TECHNOLOGY TO TURN PEOPLE TO JESUS AND HIM ALONE NOT SOME GREAT PREACHER (DEAD or ALIVE). LOVE YA LEO, LET THE SPIRIT LEAD YA,,,,, :-) :-) :-)

2009/11/30 0:44Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: RETURN TO BASICS--JESUS MADE IT SIMPLE

Sadly, you haven't said anything new.

Many have said what you have said. Why, is anyone's guess, but it has been done.

It is good to know that God's word says, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you..." James 4v8.

We are to walk softly before God, and to strive toward His ideal of holiness.

Frustration over the church not being what we want it to be, does not stop it from being what it currently is.

God wants us to be faithful unto the end, Rev 2v10. Faithful to Him. Not our own ideals or ideas.

God bless.

2009/11/30 8:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy