SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : I Don't Care!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I Don't Care!!

This was sent to me via email. Twas interesting, it might be to you too.

Quote:
Thought you might like to read this letter to the editor ~ ever notice how some people just seem to know how to write a letter?. This one sure does! This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also applies to the U.S. , U.K. and Australia THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH. Written by a housewife in New Brunswick to her local newspaper. This is one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we?

Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and have continually threatened to do so since? Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they? And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan ... I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques and behind women and children.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled', you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran'. Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it, I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add: 'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.' I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you forward all this. One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ
2. The British Soldier.
3. The Canadian Soldier.
4. The US Soldier, and
5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom. YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ALL OF THEM. AMEN

2009/11/29 12:13
kathleen1

Re: I Don't Care!!

awesome letter. Thanks for posting this.

2009/12/4 23:36Profile

I can see how this letter got into print, but I don't think it becomes a follower of Jesus Christ.

2009/12/5 6:44

Re:

I see the her point. It is so like us to forget certain realities.

2009/12/5 7:01
kathleen1

Re:

I've struggled with this, as well. With feeling the same way this woman who wrote this describes. I have 2 brothers in the military-one who has been to Afghanistan 2 times and Iraq three times since 2003. My sister is currently serving in Afghanistan for her second tour. I've watched the current administration sputter and hesitate about sending them the help they need to do their job, knowing people in their units are dying, and I truly struggle with anger and resentment over the way the current administration is doing things. I know I need the Lord to help me with this, as with everything. And He will.

2009/12/7 8:14Profile

Kathleen, thank you for sharing honestly. I can't imagine how hard it is to fathom the issues which arise for you and your family, and the living constantly with the temptation to fear. I would be angry too, and I don't think it's wrong to be angry. May the Lord give you peace, as you pass your anger back to Him daily.

2009/12/7 8:30

Re: What we do care about.

There are several thoughts I have about this post, and I think it is worthy of consideration considering the TIMES that are upon us. One of the issues would be, "IS IT ISLAM THAT IS ASSUAULTING OUR FREEDOM?" Is it Terrorism that is our enemy?

My answer would be NO!. It is God. America, along with most of the world have chosen to defy the Lord. They despise Him at every turn, and chose their own way, their greed, lust, and selfishness as their RIGHT, and call it Freedom. Any attempt by the Lord , or His people, to persuade them otherwise is met with contempt and utter rebellion.

Revelation 9:15-21

15 "And the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released, so that they would kill a third of mankind.

16 The number of the armies of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.

17 And this is how I saw in the vision the horses and those who sat on them: the riders had breastplates the color of fire and of hyacinth and of brimstone; and the heads of the horses are like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths proceed fire and smoke and brimstone.

18. third of mankind was killed by these three plagues, by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which proceeded out of their mouths.

19. For the power of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents and have heads, and with them they do harm.

20.The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;

21and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

Freedom to murder. Abortion.

Freedom to fornicate, commit adultery,and act in blatant homosexual and perversion, and teach it to our children as wholesome and right.

Freedom to steal as much as is legal, and to make better laws to do so..[ The banking system.]

Freedom to commit witchcraft on a National level, and indulge in every type of drug use imaginable, both illegal and legal.

Yes, Islam is America's and the West's enemy, but why have they been allowed ascendancy? They are agents of the Lord most high, in the exact same way that Israel and Jerusalem were disciplined by these foreign invaders, so will we.

The question then, quickly changes into , "Are they MY enemy"? As a spirit, yes, because Islam serves a Satanic being, and is deceived and evil within that spirit. Those bound by Islam, the Muslim, will surely be damned, because they have rejected the Lord Jesus, and His shed blood as the ONLY redemption and salvation in the Universe,

As individuals, however, they are NOT my enemy; but deceived souls that God loves, and desires that they come to His Son, Jesus, JUST LIKE YOU AND I DID.

We must never forget what kingdom we are Ambassadors of. We belong to the kingdom of Heaven, and the King who reigns there, and our freedom is inextricably connected to His holiness and His love, and it is this that we are surrendered to, not America, or our own lives and loves.

Pray for America's National repentance. Perhaps God will relent, and spare us.

2009/12/7 10:23
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Brother Tom, said it very well.

Today we read Philippians and this passage stood out to me: Philippians 2:14-16 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

How much that sounds like present day [b]"in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation,"[/b] eh? Let us persevere to [b]"shine as lights in the world"[/b].

Praying for the Saints, and that the Lord will send workers to the harvest.
white stone

2009/12/8 10:11Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

I don't like the "I don't care" attitude. The "I don't care" attitude is a state of mind that I want no part of...ever! To be honest..."I do care" I care if a person lives or dies. I care if a person finds repentance and is saved, more then I want to see someone go to hell because they are deceived and doing evil. I care that a person goes to heaven rather than lose their soul and go to hell; I care that a person is saved by the blood of Jesus Christ....I care that souls are perishing. Know this, that a person who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

I am not trying to criticize anyone with this, just thinking out loud.

2009/12/17 2:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy