SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Angels

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ThePilgrim

Angels

There are 5 Archangels: I think this is the correct order of Authority.

Michael
Gabriel
Uriel
Raphael
Zagzagiel ( Death)

And then there is the METATRON.....who is He?

Any comments are welcomed...but please...no heretic hunters....we know that only 2 are mentioned in the Bible. The others are from the Talmud. What do you think you believe?

Pilgrim

2009/11/27 15:49Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Angels

ThePilgrim wrote:

Quote:

Any comments are welcomed...but please...no heretic hunters....we know that only 2 are mentioned in the Bible. The others are from the Talmud. What do you think you believe?

Its hard to ask for no heritic hunters and admit that there are only 2 that are mentioned in the Bible.

So with love, I believe that there is Michael and Gabriel. All others CANNOT be verified by the Word.

2009/11/27 16:47Profile
ThePilgrim

Re:

A fair Point,

Now back to Angels as a broad topic.

The Metatron hs always been associated with Messiah, and interestingly enough the title Metatron means, " he who is at the centre of the Throne"
The Jews believed that this One would save Israel.....now I find this very interesting.

Another point, I think we all believe some things that are not in the Bible, just as there is truth that is not recorded in scripture.
having said that I will back away from that as I too believe in the absolute truth of scripture.

2009/11/27 20:03Profile

Re: TRUTH AND THE WORD.

"Another point, I think we all believe some things that are not in the Bible, just as there is truth that is not recorded in scripture."
THE PILGRIM.

Surely there is, but is it not but endless speculation, and inquisitive Presumption, to Establish biblical doctrines and pursue revelation without the Bible as our only foundation?

Actually, the word Metatron rings a little cultish to me. The web is FILLED with cultic references about it or him. I think the Lord kept the holy angels a little low key for this very reason; the obsessive fascination , like Pandora's box, that we humans have with supernatural power.

"Your Word is Truth."

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

JESUS'S HIGH PRIESTLY PRAYER.

My advice to you is to abandon any knowledge that would thwart the simplicity of His written word..[ as you have suggested...], and cast down any thought that would not agree with the bible, or be of an extra-biblical aura.

2009/11/27 22:53
IWantAnguish

Re:

Metatron sounds like a transformer...

:-P

2009/11/28 2:36Profile
ThePilgrim

Re:

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:

Surely there is, but is it not but endless speculation, and inquisitive Presumption, to Establish biblical doctrines and pursue revelation without the Bible as our only foundation?

Well I find myself agreeing with your argument above, escept that revelation by its very nature is an unveiling within. This is a gift of God and as we all know may not be understood by all and yet be the word of God for others. I'm thinking of teh book of revelation......some have great understanding...others like Luther wanted it ripped out and burned as herecy.

Lets all pretend that that Sermonindex is not a Post Niceane or Chalcedon council.
Lets all pretend that SI exists for various reasons but has no authority to formulate doctrine?

Now if angels as a topic is offensive....lets just blot it out. My thought here are purely speculative and inquisitive. I am not suggesting any doctrinal belief on the subject and don't have any interest other than the previous post about "movies in another era" which sparked this off.

I love SI....gush!!!

2009/11/28 6:14Profile
ThePilgrim

Re:

Quote:

IWantAnguish wrote:
Metatron sounds like a transformer...

:-P

I like your mind!!!

Now be careful because you can get burned at a stake for watching a movie that promotes teen relationships, drug abuse,masturbation, alienology, and a belief that Good will conquer evil. ( Stick to Cloverfield)

2009/11/28 6:20Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Here's a thought: the Bible doesn't indicate that Gabriel is a mighty archangel. Maybe he is the smallest of angels and therefore the least terrifying to mortals and that is why God uses him as a messenger.

2009/11/28 8:35Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Angels

Heb 1:13-14
(13) But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
(14) Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Not sure about angels named zig-zag or metronome :-P , but one thing I do know is that I am an heir of salvation, and God has chosen that angels minister to me (act on my behalf).

Psa 91:1-16
(1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
(2) I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
(3) Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
(4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
(5) Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
(6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
(7) A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
(8) Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
(9) Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
(10) There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
(11) For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
(12) They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
(13) Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
(14) Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
(15) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
(16) With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Travis.

2009/11/28 8:48Profile

Re: Spielburg

"Now if angels as a topic is offensive....lets just blot it out. My thought here are purely speculative and inquisitive."
thePilgrim

The topic of angels is not at all offensive, and the Bible is crammed with angelic visitations and messengers. However, the discussion of them using occult knowledge and concepts..[ even if it be true ] is.

"Lets all pretend that that Sermonindex is not a Post Niceane or Chalcedon council.
Lets all pretend that SI exists for various reasons but has no authority to formulate doctrine."....Pilgrim.

You are implying that if one opposes your unbiblical revelatory discussion , that they have imposed upon themselves a greater authority to "formulate doctrine".

I'm sure that you love SI..[ "gush" ], but it is a BIBLICAL site; meaning that ideas and doctrines are discussed within the biblical sphere with the pillar as the BIBLE..[ the scripture.] being the Truth, the Whole truth, and nothing but the Truth.

When we begin to travel down paths of speculation and shadowy fiction, it becomes Endless, unprofitable, and possibly dangerous.

Colossians 2:18
"Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions."

It, in itself, is a waste of time, similar to dabbling in science fiction.

"I... don't have any interest other than the previous post about "movies in another era" which sparked this off."...Pilgrim.

Many, many threads that have not promoted edifying or faith boosting thoughts have been cut off by the moderators. I didn't go to the MOVIE thread because it didn't interest me. but I see how a little leaven leavens the whole lump. Because of fictional intrigue that opened the supernatural, you follow with a little more, and now we have the "TRANSFORMER" Metraton. By the way, many DO worship him...[ google him ].

Why don't we just combine the two, and head on over to the Stephen Spielburg site, and imagine ourselves into speculative oblivion? That would be cool.

2009/11/28 9:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy