SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anybody else hate bugs?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
IWantAnguish

Re:

I guess I've yet to come to a conclusion concerning the sovereignty of God with getting eaten alive by 1,000,000 mosquitoes.

:cry:

Whenever I attend an outing with friends or family, I'm the only one that the bugs like to eat...

I remember before I was saved, I was at the beach with my girlfriend, and I kept asking her if she felt anything... like bugs biting her. She looked at me as if I was crazy, and said no... So I figured I must have been imagining things.

When we were leaving, we got to the walkway where there was some decent lighting... I think I had at least 50+ bites on my legs.

Sandflies!!! >:O

2009/11/25 10:29Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Don't frown, just ask the Lord to show you the way - and then believe that He will.

EDIT: The other night I got a really big fly in my room - he was very noisy. I told the Lord "You know I only have a few hours to sleep Lord, would you please take care of that fly?" The Lord was faithful - I never heard from the fly again and I slept like a baby.

2009/11/25 10:42Profile
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

Re: Anybody else hate bugs?

Quote:
I really hate mosquitoes and roaches etc. Anybody else share this animosity towards multi-legged critters?

I find this question & conversation very funny, because I used to have exactly the same thoughts. With my friends I would joke that God surely did NOT make cockroaches. Of course, as HeartSong said, there is purpose for all of God's creatures...but WHAT?!

Then some time ago, my mind thought on this "parable" if you will. [i]The kingdom of darkness is like cockroaches that scatter from the light of the true gospel. [/i] Hahahaha!

Just TRY to tell the world who Jesus really is, even in love, you'll see!

2009/11/25 11:24Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

HeartSong wrote:

Quote:

EDIT: The other night I got a really big fly in my room - he was very noisy. I told the Lord "You know I only have a few hours to sleep Lord, would you please take care of that fly?" The Lord was faithful - I never heard from the fly again and I slept like a baby.

You probably ate it while you were sleeping. And then you didn't need to get up for a midnight snack. 8-)

2009/11/25 12:33Profile
sam09

UK

Re:

Spiders I dislike! its the many legs, but to be honest I wonder what we'd all to if the LORD led us be serve in countries were bugs are everywhere? Somewhere in the jungle? Were we would have to pray in the dark possibly with bugs crawling all over us?

JESUS was in the wilderness with wild beasts (mark 1:13), and only GOD knows what other creatures for 40 days and nights. Man! I'd be praying for GOD to get rid of the bugs!

Honestly though I pray that our passion for Him will over ride any fear of man, bugs, Satan, or anything else. :-)

2009/11/25 13:11Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
sam09 wrote:
. . . I wonder what we'd all do if the LORD led us be serve in countries were bugs are everywhere? Somewhere in the jungle? Were we would have to pray in the dark possibly with bugs crawling all over us?

Imagine what is all around us in the spiritual world. Imagine what lust and greed and unbelief must look like. Of course we can not see these things with our eyes - only the outworking of them - but they surround us just the same.

2009/11/25 14:59Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Miccah wrote:

HeartSong wrote:
Quote:

You probably ate it while you were sleeping. And then you didn't need to get up for a midnight snack. 8-)

Actually it was midnight when it happened. 8-)

The rest of the story is that I was in the UK and needed to get up at 3:00am in order to get to the airport in time to fly home to America. For about the last year I have been relying upon the Lord to wake me up and have discontinued the use of my alarm clock. It was a real struggle for me to have the faith that He would "be able" to awaken me after only 3 hours sleep - and then with the added annoyance of the fly . . .

Of course He is able to do all things well and is faithful to those that believe. He awakened me at 2:50am so that I would even have some devotional time before I finished getting ready.

2009/11/25 15:22Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi IWantAnguish...

Quote:
Whenever I attend an outing with friends or family, I'm the only one that the bugs like to eat...

I remember before I was saved, I was at the beach with my girlfriend, and I kept asking her if she felt anything... like bugs biting her. She looked at me as if I was crazy, and said no... So I figured I must have been imagining things.

When we were leaving, we got to the walkway where there was some decent lighting... I think I had at least 50+ bites on my legs.

Actually, there has been some research performed into why some people are "more attractive" to mosquitoes, flies and bees than other people.

One of my sisters was always a "mosquito magnet" or "bee magnate" while we were growing up. My mom used to say that it was because she was so "sweet." It turns out that my mom was correct. The level of attraction shown by certain bugs to human beings comes down to a chemical ("nonanal") that some people tend to release much more of than other people. It is typically released when people sweat. Bees are attracted to the "sweet" smell of this chemical -- incorrectly assuming that this person is a flower. Flies associate the chemical with sweet fruit. Mosquitoes and other blood sucking bugs (like ticks and fleas) associate this chemical with animals who contain blood.

Of course, this isn't anything that a nice can of OFF insect repellent (with DEET) can't help. The active ingredient, DEET, masks and diminishes the magnitude of the Nonanal so that mosquitos (and other blood sucking bugs) think that the person is a plant. It diminishes the "sweet" smell to bees and flies as well.

As for the roaches...I would simply call the local pest-control company at the first sign of roaches. They can carry bacteria and they also exhibit chemicals that hurt people with allergies.

And, of course, pray.

"[b]5[/b] Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; [b]6[/b] Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday." - Psalm 91:5-6

:-)

2009/11/25 16:11Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:

Quote:

As for the roaches...I would simply call the local pest-control company at the first sign of roaches.

Got that handled already. Called a size 11 steel toed boot. Clean ups a little messy though. :-D

2009/11/25 17:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Miccah...

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Quote:

As for the roaches...I would simply call the local pest-control company at the first sign of roaches.

Got that handled already. Called a size 11 steel toed boot. Clean ups a little messy though. :-D

Too funny! I guess that is the "one roach at a time" approach. I think that I would prefer to get rid of them all with a sudden, righteous indignation!

:-P

2009/11/25 17:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy