SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : intro

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
evert

intro

Hi everyone,

My name is Evert and I live in Nootdorp in the Netherlands and I'm 22 years young. I'm thankful to the lord someone told me about this site. I am christain for one year, but I realised thanks to Jesus ive been a child of GOD al my live.

May GOD bless you all.

Greetings evert

2004/9/25 15:59Profile

Re: intro

Great to have you aboard! Once you find this site, you can't help but to come back time and time again.

So your from the Netherlands. Wow. This site must get people from all over. That's really awesome!

Is anyone else from somewhere besides US/Canada?

2004/9/25 16:13
jeremyhulsey

Hello Evert,

It's great to have you join SI! The sermons on this site are a treasurehouse. I hope that they bless and inspire your walk with Christ.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/9/25 17:59Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Evert,

Hi and welcome to SI! I believe Paul (Dezcall) is also from the Netherlands. Maybe he is the one who told you about SI?

I hope you will be blessed by all that SI has to offer. Great sermons, articles and fellowship too.

May the Lord continue to draw you ever near to Him.

In Him, Chanin

2004/9/25 18:12Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Welcome to SI Evert

Welcome to SI Evert. God bless you brother. I'm not sure where you live in the Netherlands but Pastor David Wilkerson will be in the Netherlands from September 29 - October 2. Not sure if you can but it would be an awesome opportunity. Here's the URL: http://www.davidwilkerson.org/conferences/2004/netherlandsDtls.html.

2004/9/25 20:42Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Eej Evert,

Welcome to SermonIndex! Nice to meet a brother in Christ who also lives in the Netherlands!

May God bless your heart with this site brother! To tell you the truth...we need these kinds of messages in our country!! Oh, we need Christ to visit our country with His bold and radical message. No watering down of His word...

We're so scared to preach the truth of Jesus Christ. But there's no other way by which we will be able to stand firm in our faith. There's no other way by which men can be saved. There's no other way to an awakening in our country.

We need to get back to the Bible. We need to get back to our knees, praying, reading, learning! We need to surrender absolutely to God. Forget about all the modern methods to reach the youth. Let us depend wholy upon the Lord and let us preach the message of Christ that will save the lost and strengthen the weak.

[i]May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world" (Galatians 6:15)[/i]

How did you find this site Evert? I'm a bit curious :-P

God bless you and I hope that this site may bring you closer to Him. That you may continiously make that total commitment to Jesus! This world needs those people and God longs for such people!

Groetjes uit Nederland,

Paul

[i]"He doesn’t ask you to drink a cup a week or a month after you’re saved, but you gradually move into that area where you realize that this is what He’s after. He’s after me going to the cross! And not just to go to it, but to get on it! "Oh, I’m glad He died for me." Have you died for Him? Isn’t that a fair exchange?" [/i]
- Leonard Ravenhill

2004/9/26 13:26Profile
evert

Re:

Brother Paul,

Is everything oke?
To awnser you're question?
a friend told me about the site.

Were do you live in the Netherlands?

May GOD bless you in the name of Jesus Christ.

greetings evert

2004/9/26 14:39Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Evert,

I live near Eindhoven (but in United-States-distances spoken...I'm your neighbour :-P).

I'm fine, thnx...I don't know your heart that well yet, but it's my desire to fix my eyes on Jesus alone. I hope it's yours also. We live in a country where the world has influenced Christianity so much that there's hardly any difference between the two.

Christians have become people who profess a different kind of hobby. Some have cars as a hobby. Some like to draw. Some like to play soccer and then we have some who like to do something with God.

We speak about all the pleasures God will grant, but we willingly refuse to speak about "forsaking all for Christ".

We close the Bible and teach people own thoughts and give them lots of humoristic and well-thought examples. We don't KNOW God anymore and He isn't longer our aim, He's just a mean to our end...

I read that you have been a Christian for one year. I really hope that you're being edified by godly people. Make God your only joy. Seek Him and if the Christians in our country say: "you’re to radical", count it joy, for then you're on the right track with Christ.

The only thing the church focuses on is: fun and new members. We want to have as much Churchmembers as possible. We just want to have fun and a good fellowship. We want our youth to be happy (I'm youth myself, being 19 years old) and so we don't preach the message of God to them. We're just giving them a good time. Talking a bit about religion, going together to a movie, partying together and we always tell them: "enjoy the life God gave you"...and there we stop, while the verse continues in Ecclesaistes 11:9 [i]but know that God will bring you to judgment...Remember your Creator in the days of your youth[/i]

The best advice I can give you brother is this: [i]"Seek His face [b]always[/b]" (1 Chronicles 16:11)[/i]. Read the Bible, pray about it, ask God to open your heart that you may understand it. [i]”This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word” (Isaiah 66:2)[/i]. The word of God is sharp and the Holy Spirit uses Gods words while the word of God is the sword of the Spirit! (Hebrews 4:12).

If we want to endure, we need to learn from God. We like to spend time with our girlfriend, but somehow we’re easily are distracted from the powerful, live-changing words of the living God. In one sermon Jesse Morrell (Lazarus1719) says: “Let us suffer the pain of discipline so that we won’t suffer the pain of regret”. That’s a word to all of us…if we don’t put Jesus Christ first in our life every single day, we WILL backslide and lose sight of God and His fullness!

God bless you in your walk with Christ,

Paul

2004/9/27 14:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy