SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Faith Unto Enlargement Through Adversity - T.A. Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Faith Unto Enlargement Through Adversity - T.A. Sparks

just a snipet...

I close by reminding you of this - that while it is all concluded in Him, that where He is concerned there is nothing more to be done in this matter: it is full and it is final, and He has entered into His rest, has sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens; nothing through which we go can add to that, nothing which we experience can take from it; nevertheless, in a sense - not vicariously, not atoningly, not in the sense of His great redemptive work - but in a sense of fellowship with Him while He is still rejected in this world, and of humiliation in fellowship with Him, the principle still remains: that is, that life and enlargement come through adversity and faith's triumph therein. It is the law of life. Faith's triumph in adversity issues in life and enlargement.

We shall see more fully how true that is. The Bible is just full of it. Given a real test of faith, much adversity and opposition, everything hemming in, circling round - 'all nations compassed me about, they compassed me about, they compassed me about' - you see, it is reiterated, it is very real - nevertheless, nevertheless, that only constitutes the challenge to faith. Faith looks upon that as its opportunity, and when faith comes out in its declaration over against all that, and says, "I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord", that is the highway to a new experience of life and a new range of fullness - to enlargement by way of faith's challenge and faith's victory.

for the full read go [url=http://www.austin-sparks.net/english/books/faith_unto_enlargement_through_adversity.html]HERE[/url]

2009/11/20 20:32Profile
JoanM

Re: Expect some rowing against the wind: Faith Unto Enlargement Through Adversity - T.A. Sparks

From my Bible study and conference prayer this week I found the same thing. By Wednesday it came down to:

When the disciples obeyed Jesus (Mark 6:45) they soon found themselves rowing against the wind (Mark 6: 48). [i]He was not surprised by their labor and would have passed by them [/i]. We should not be surprised either lest it harden our hearts and we forget the bread (Mark 6:52). Fear can do that (create memory loss and harden hearts). None the less, even in that state, crying out to Him brings Him (Mark 6:49) and faith is strengthened (John 6:21).

[u]Summary[/u]: In many circumstances, expect to row against the winds of this world at times if you are obeying Jesus.

How the winds of our culture toss some to and fro (James 1:8, particularly in these days - Eph 4:14)

2009/11/21 4:48Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
In many circumstances, expect to row against the winds of this world at times if you are obeying Jesus.

Amen. The winds seem to blowing particularly hard at the moment, the spiritual battle is intense.

Jesus declared peace over His disciples in John 14:27 and yet they were about to go through windy storms of doubt and fear as their Master suffered on the cross. The disciples' faith did not fail just as Jesus had prayed in Luke 22:32 and they were ready to go into Pentecost. Faith unto enlargement through adversity.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/11/21 10:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy