SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : way of the master giving out origin of species, read the introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

way of the master giving out origin of species, read the introduction

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=383

2009/11/20 0:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: way of the master giving out origin of species, read the introduction

Sounds kinda gimmicky to me. Instead of tricks like this, how about we just go back to preaching the gospel full of the power of the Holy Spirit? Maybe we could get old issues of Playboy and seal it back up with a copy of the Sermon on the Mount tucked inside while we are at it? Seems to be the same difference to me.

2009/11/20 0:32Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

basically what their trying to do is give both sides of creation and evolution in the introduction. They present the gospel too. But from seeing the reviews on amazon many our throwing out the introduction or burning the book. I don't know if this is what God wanted him to do or not so i cannot judge. I personally would have had something by Ravi Zacharias to speak to these college students or Paul Washer to shock them all into life. But hey this very well might speak to some and its all the worth even if one soul is saved.

2009/11/20 1:13Profile
Laviver

Re:

Hahaha. Umm, good point KJ. I think God could use this though. It could be good to see what Darwin really wrote too. The pop views today totally over emphasize and distort his actual teachings. He never actually states the origins of life in this book, even mentioning a Creator in the end pages. Could be good for people to understand that Darwinism today would not be endorsed by Darwin were he alive. But yea, your suggestion is really good too.

2009/11/20 1:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
Sounds kinda gimmicky to me. Instead of tricks like this, how about we just go back to preaching the gospel full of the power of the Holy Spirit?

"1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit."

Far from gimmicky, Ray and Kirk are continuing to labor in the field. Since they are in the pasture of our Lord we should support and pray for theyre endeavors.

This latest outreach is another in a long line of outreaches that Ray has done for more than twenty years.

How wonderfull to go through all the effort to get the "other side" of the argument on creation/evolution back into the campuses etc.

Also recommend to all who have not seen it, "Expelled, No intellegence allowed" the movie, by Ben Stien.

2009/11/20 9:09

Re: The Power of the gospel and the Cross

"Sounds kinda gimmicky to me. Instead of tricks like this, how about we just go back to preaching the gospel full of the power of the Holy Spirit? Maybe we could get old issues of Playboy and seal it back up with a copy of the Sermon on the Mount tucked inside while we are at it? Seems to be the same difference to me."
King Jimmy

I'm with you Jimmy. This so called "preaching" that slams your sin in your face by declaring the LAW is a similar thing. It is not of the order of apostolic doctrine.

3.Acts 2:36
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Peter.
Acts 4:10
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:1-3

Yes, it is dramatic, [ to clarify the positions of sin ] and stimulates REASON, but that is a peripheral argument, not the root..[ and there are millions of them]. The bible says the the carnal mind is at enmity to God, so how can argument save you.

Either Jesus was God in the body of man, and offered himself up as compensation unto eternal life,
"FOR ALL WHO BELIEVE!"

or he was not.

Preaching Christ crucified , and our faith in Him, is the one and only hope of glory for us all.

This condemnation of folks by proving that they sin, and pressuring them to repent and believe, is an aberration, and kind of a hype, and probably has very , very little lasting fruit, for faith comes by hearing, and that the hearing of the GOOD NEWS;

Christ took your place in Hell, if you RECEIVE His Sacrifice, for He is ALIVE to hear you, and receive you into Heaven and Eternal Life.

This is nonsense. Read Darwin to get a handle on Satan's deception? Why not ALL of the philosophers, from Plato on?...or ALL of the "great books of the western World"?...to really get prepared to understand....

It's a convoluted ministry stategy that is in err.

2009/11/20 9:53
rnieman

Re:

Quote:
Sounds kinda gimmicky to me. Instead of tricks like this, how about we just go back to preaching the gospel full of the power of the Holy Spirit? Maybe we could get old issues of Playboy and seal it back up with a copy of the Sermon on the Mount tucked inside while we are at it? Seems to be the same difference to me.

KingJimmy

Amen... The power of the Holy Spirit far excedes the modern day obession with apologetics(I agree with apologetics). Apolgetics even as great as they may be, never save anyone, but the Holy Spirit poured out on man does save souls. rnieman

2009/11/20 12:11Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

well i think it is good their out their at least reaching these university students as much as we want to say it is wrong, i doubt much of us our out their doing anything at all.

2009/11/20 13:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy