SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is it Chance ... or is it God? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Is it Chance ... or is it God? ...

This past weekend (9/19/04) i messed around and pulled a muscle in my mid back, which of course promptly sat me down ... i was down Sunday, Monday and Tuesday ... Well right after watching my church's 8 a.m. Sunday morning program on TV, the Holy Spirit started saying to me "Listen to the prophets ... I want you to listen to the prophets" ... i heard, but kept putting it off because by this time i was so into C-Span i didn't want to listen to the prophets ... Now over the course of about an hour i began to check my glasses for my TV was getting dimmer, and dimmer, and dimmer, till i could just barely see it ... Now saints this TV was 12 years old, so rational thought says it was just it's time to go ... But i'd been praying over the longevity of that unit as i do with everything God entrusts me with, and so to me my delinquency in obeying His voice says to me He figured this was a good time to let that old TV die ... Needless to say that for the next three days i sat an listened from my OT tapes to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel ... Afterwards i was glad to have pulled that muscle in my back, and to have my old TV die! ... Faith most assuredly does come by hearing, and hearing by the word of God ... Afterwards it dawned on me that i'd never heard the messages of the (so called major) prophets in the manner of actually listening to them word for word ... It made me put myself in the shoes of an Israelite in that era, and listening to those words are actually scary, and i can well understand why apostates hated these prophets so ... But then i can also understand why satan has went so well out of his way to sully and besmirch the office of prophet in this day, so as to nullify any voice crying out from the wilderness ...

The following is some of what He took me thru ... How it worked was like this ... The things He really, really wanted me to hear just completely jumped out from all else that i was hearing, and then i wrote down all that i thought and heard from Him ...

This is what i heard from the Holy Spirit via Daniel, the prophet of illumination ...

Dan.4
[4] I Nebuchadnezzar was at rest in mine house, and flourishing in my palace:
[5] I saw a dream which made me afraid, and the thoughts upon my bed and the visions of my head troubled me.
[10] Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.
[11] The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:
[12] The leaves thereof were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.
[13] I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;
[14] He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:
[15] Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth:
[16] Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.

( Now this is the part that the Holy Spirit really shouted out to me ... )

[17] This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

(Well the rest of the account goes that Daniel interpretted the Kings dream to mean that God Himself was about to intervene in the Kings life, and put him in his place ... The gist being that man does not rule anything that God does not allow him to rule, and man does not build any rule that God does not allow him to build, and that nothing transpires within the rule of man, good or bad, that God Himself does not allow, or control, to His own end, that being the bringing about of His own kingdom, and rulership on His earth ... And so ... )

[28] All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar.
[29] At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon.
[30] The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?
[31] While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.
[32] And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
[33] The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.
[34] And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

(And the king came to an understanding then, that even so many saints don't even understand today when it comes to earthly power and principalities, including these United States of America ... And this is what the king said ... )

[35] And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
[36] At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellers and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
[37] Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

(God made the king of Babylon to REALLY understand what Daniel had said to him earlier regarding his first dream concerning the statue toppled by the rock cut from the mountain, that statue being representative of every world power from Babylon as it's head of gold, right on down to the final end time anti-christ power represented by the feet of iron and clay ... This is what the king of Babylon had come to realize then, but so much of modern man, especially Americans, including Christians, can't seem to fathom now ... And this is what Daniel said ... )

Dan.2
[20] Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
[21] And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

("He removeth kings, and setteth up kings" ... Right after listening to Daniel i heard the Lord say to me, "My people see my hand in the history of the past, and in My promise of their future, but they never see me in their present" ... This saddened me, and i could feel the pain in His voice, for i already knew this to be true ... For i remember once asking a entire class of diverse Christians (pre 9/11), "Do you see God acting in world history today", and not one of them saw a thing ...

Which leads me to a series of brother Rookie (Jeff) type questions ...

- All of the kings, kingdoms and governments ever to rule on this planet, are they by chance, or by God?

- All of the presidents ever to govern America, were they by corporeal election, or were they elected by God?

- All of the presidents assasinated in this country, we're they assasinated by chance, or were they assasinated by God?

- Did President Bush and his brother Jeb steal the election of 2000, or was it by the hairs breath of God's will that he be elected?

- Did Al-Queda knock down America's two most idolatrous high places to it's god of Mammon, or was it the hand of God?

- Did President Bush decide on his own initiative to to veer off and attack Iraq, or did God steer/allow him to do so in order to bring about something that God wants done?

- In this heated election of 2004 was it just by chance that the Democrats big gun, President Bill Clinton got knocked out of the mix with a quad-druple by-pass, or was it the hand of God removing him?

- Hurricanes stacked back to back like airplanes in a holding pattern wreaking havoc on Florida, and the surrounding area, is that the effects of global warming, or is it God's way of softening up the Florida vote via Bush benevolence in their time of need?

- According to Daniel since Bush has been President of the US for the past four years apparently it was God's will for him to be so, and if it is God's will for Bush to be the American cowboy of a President for four more years, then what has God got up His sleeve for the planet?

- Could this whole Iraq thing be God's orchestration via a hard nosed, bible quotin, MX missle tottin, President Bush, to take away the peace of the world, to expose that man of perdition who'll have all the answers?

i personally both believe, and know like Daniel ... nothing happens on this planet, and in fact the entire universe itself without the either sovereign or permissive will of God, and either way it's His call, His control ...

i feel sorry for any saint alive today who isn't seeing, AT PRESENT!, especially pertaining to Church and world events, the Almighty hand of our great and awesome God at work in these perilous times ...

2004/9/24 16:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy