SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello, Hello

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Hello, Hello

Let me just begin by saying how grateful I am for this site. It has been a help to me that words cannot express. I have recently received my certified credentials from the Assemblies of God, but more importantly, I have recommitted my life to God and He saw fit to call me to preach His Word.

I immediately felt a tug towards being your basic "senior pastor". I figured that made sense since I'm a pretty easy going guy and... I was wrong. I feel called to the Church, but I am quickly realizing what I'm up against.

I grew up in church and, like many I'm sure, felt I was a decent Christian. My current church is a very good church, but the church I grew up in taught a very easy Gospel. It's not alone.
I'm not sure now that I would have gone to heaven if I would have died 7 months ago. But the Lord did something in me that I've never felt before. My view of the Word and God is urgent and God focused for the first time in my life. I never wanted to be a pastor and since God has called me I've never wanted to do anything more. I burn to tell people about what Jesus has done for me and can do for them. Unfortunately, I also have this insatiable desire to tell them that hell is an option too (I'm easy going and the topic of hell is not).

The sermons posted here have taught me so much. They have also tremendously encouraged my faith as I have heard numerous times a minister that I deeply admire saying the same thing the Spirit taught me in a prayer or study time. Some of these guys are a bit intimidating, but little can beat hearing Leonard Ravenhill preach on a topic you just had spoken to your spirit.

I thank everyone who makes this site happen. God Bless.

2009/11/19 21:40Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: Hello, Hello

Praise God for the way he is working in your life! Welcome to the site, Matt!

2009/11/19 21:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy