SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gone to the dogs: LA church starts pet service

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

At least this thread isn't about people who bark like dogs under the "spirit" :-)

2009/11/17 16:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

LOL!

Critics sure can't say Christians don't have a sense of humor! :-)

I am surprised Krispy hasn't weighed in on this!

ginnyrose

2009/11/17 22:22Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I am surprised Krispy hasn't weighed in on this!

From what I know of Krispy, people without horse sense is one of his pet peeves; so this would probably make him hot under the collie. However, his good breeding would keep him from getting too ruff. He would paws to consider how it would behoove this misguided pastor to repent for turning a house of worship into an animal house, for it isn't the animal kingdom that is supposed to be near, but the kingdom of heaven.

MC

2009/11/17 23:14Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, literally speaking, we are supposed to preach the gospel of the kingdom to all of creation. I know one pastor who said when he began to preach, nobody would listen to him. So he would go out in a field and preach to the cows. :-)

2009/11/17 23:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
From what I know of Krispy, people without horse sense is one of his pet peeves; so this would probably make him hot under the collie. However, his good breeding would keep him from getting too ruff. He would paws to consider how it would behoove this misguided pastor to repent for turning a house of worship into an animal house, for it isn't the animal kingdom that is supposed to be near, but the kingdom of heaven.

Michael, this is [i]too[/i] funny! I love it!

This post reminds me of the column that appeared in "Christianity Today" many years ago, "Eutychus and His Kin". That was the first piece I would read upon receipt of the magazine.
I always did lament the passing of Christian humorists. The ability to laugh at oneself and things that normally annoy is rooted in a forgiving mentality: that not all things are to be taken seriously, that not everything folks do is because of sin, but because they are human and their forgetfulness gets in the way of life.

Thanks y'all for the smiles this thread evoked.....

ginnyrose

2009/11/20 10:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy