SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Scriptural Christianity Series" by Cross T.V. ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

"Scriptural Christianity Series" by Cross T.V. ...

i have cable for only two reasons ... Christian TV & C-Span ... i find that our Lord often times uses both to speak to me ...

Last night, thru a very dimmed picture tube, i listened to brother Mark Kielar (i especially enjoy this commentator) do a series entitled "Scriptural Christianity" ... This entire program was about the authentic Christianity enjoyed by the early Church ... Back then we had no man made form, fashion, pomp, circumstance, or giant edifices, and the program showed just how much those early saints relied on the Holy Ghost ... It's any wonder our light, as a collective Body, can be seen at all anymore under all the excess crap we've piled on top of something as simple, and non complex, as the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the subsequent fruitages of the Spirit that our conversion are supposed to produce ... It greatly pained my heart to have the Spirit show me how far we've gotten away from Christ original intention, and it saddened me even further to think that satan has us so dupped to think that our present way is the correct way of Christianity ... That program threw me into deep, gut wrenching, soul searching, repentant, God please help us prayer last night ... My prayer life is definitely different these days, i don't ask our Lord for anything material anymore, as the Holy Ghost instructed me a while back to stop doing so ... i now only ask for spiritual things, and especially for the things/people that the Spirit of the most High impresses on my heart to pray for ... Prayer is no longer a chore for me, for by His grace i no longer see it as a job, and now know that it works, because once i was guilty in not believing in prayer at all ... Only in surrender can the Holy Spirit really teach you the things of the Spirit, and i'm a witness that the more the surrender, the deeper the depths/heights of the teachings of God to you ...

As of late it has really, really dawned on me that my calling and office, could very well require my death if it be His will ... That's a very, very sobering thought, and one that definitely cannot be met without total surrender to Christ ... This was a prospect that the early Church membership dealt with as an everyday reality, and as the program showed most did not shirk from, but concidered it an honor to be martyred for the cause of Christ ...

I would find the present state of the Church (particularly in America) unbearably destressing to myself if it were not that our Lord keeps showing me via programs such as the above, that He knows of our "problems", that He's bringing His knowledge of our "problems" to light, and that He's in the process of doing much about it, although it may not seem that way to most ...

If you have access to Christian TV, may i humbly admonish you to look for this series "Scriptural Christianity", and others, produced by Cross TV ... Our Lord is in the process of freeing His Church from the shackles of man made "Churchianity", so that we can get on back to our freedom of His pure "Christianity" ... i know that's what He's doing in my life, and i can only pray that He's also doing it in yours, "For whom the Son sets free, is free indeed" ... Amen

Here's the link to Cross TV ...

http://www.crosstv.com/
click on "listen to word tv)

2004/9/24 10:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy