SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

John i think you have lost personal intemate relationship with Jesus and your faith is dry and you feel pulled way from God by your flesh to the world.I have been there myself and i know what im talking about.

I pray for you that God will work with your heart to break it up and soften it by His Spirit.
Can you find a godly man to whom you can open your heart and pray with him about your situation?

Brother you are wandering from the truth and you need to come back to the narrow path.

God only restores our souls but He often uses godly people as his instruments to exhort and reproof us if needed. We dont like much accountability today to christians who are mature in faith and prefer to keep that sort of independence because we want the freedom and privacy to do anything we want to.

I know what it feels like when you have carnal desires to enjoy the world. The devil knows that young christians are often led by their feelings and when they dont feel the peace of God they are tempted to go back to the world and live in sin.

Watch out brother, you know the heart is deceitful when we walk in the flesh. You have a moral choice to make as christian each day to obey God and live by faith or obey your flesh and live for you self.

Dying to self and crucifying the flesh is impossible unless God gives the grace to overcome. Pray!

Grace & peace,
Redi

2009/11/15 23:05Profile
jmooney6

Re:

Brothers Bible4Life and JDL, you aren't alone in feeling like you lost the faith. I believe in what Jesus has done on the cross for me, but like Brother Leo said, it's our lack of knowledge of all that the Bible has within that is our downfall and that Satan likes to exploit! I feel compelled to say this, as I too felt the way you both do.

After reading your advice Brother Leo, I felt in my heart this loving tugging. I know with Whom I'm spending the rest of my evening.

2009/11/15 23:55Profile

Re:

i today had my brother robert call me today and we spoke for about 4 hours, my brother in the Lord. We read for 2 hours on the first chapter of first john and used many many cross references. I will admit my flesh was saying no and telling me i should stop but i know my spirit was willing. But i can't believe how happy he is in the Lord, i introduced him to this site and i am sure he has came on here, but what a blessing he is, he can talk about scripture all day, he tells me the same thing you all have told me to get in the Bible. I will be doing so as much as the lord wills this week, i just pray that he will deliver me from this doubt and hardening. Thank you for your great words of encouragement and kindness, i will keep you updated. JDL all i can say is keep seeking and don't stop.

2009/11/16 1:25

Re: has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

I looked this up again and wow, I need to get into the word more.

2010/7/19 21:25
LindaC

Sweden

Re: has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

Hi.. Yes, I lost faith in Jesus and came back. I never doubted that God created all things, but I really struggled with the idea that Jesus was the only begotten son of God, sent to Earth to redeem us by paying with his blood, for our sins.I professed to be Christian, but didn't really believe in Jesus. Eventually, I came to believe as many do, that Jesus was just a new face on an old pagan god.

But, in tears one night, I prayed to God to help me find the truth.. no matter what it was, I just wanted to know what was truth. I started learning about pagan gods, only to see that all I had been hearing about the similairities were really just a bunch of hooey, I searched to see if there was credible evidence that Jesus really existed, I examined my own nature, questioning whether or not I could see any way that men (the apostles) would have insisted, even at the cost of their own lives, that Jesus had in fact shown himself to them AFTER being dead and buried, and the idea that they would die for a lie was just unfounded, in my opinion.

I started to learn what does the nature of sin really mean, what does love really mean, what does free will really mean.. What is God's nature, and does the idea of a savior even make any sense..

Well, it all started to come together, and one night I went to sleep and had a dream.. lasted only a matter of seconds.. in the dream, a limousine pulled up next to me, the door opened, in the back seat of a car was this woman who had such a look of joy on her face, she was dressed in white, a wedding gown, holding a bouquet.. she reached out her hand to me and pulled me into the back of the car with her, saying, let's go to the wedding. ... well, it's the only time I ever had a dream that I felt was a message from God, and I believed it was telling me that I was on the right path to finding the truth..

Since then, I have a much different view of Jesus, of the Bible, of love, of sin, of freedom from guilt, etc. It's not an easy path, but I think that God will help you find the truth, even if it takes a little while for you to find it.

2010/7/20 2:59Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Oh how important is the right thinking of Jesus what a marvelous testimony Linda thank you for sharing that it was an encouragement to me because I am seeking out who Jesus reall is according to the bible in search of HIS truth rather than what man or doctrines have told me. I am finding that the promise to those that seek is still being unraveled before me as I find a much different Jesus than I have known. :)

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/7/20 3:06Profile
whyme

Re:

As all know, faith is in one part of Scripture defined to be the belief that He is God and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. If you don't diligently seek, you don't get the reward. What is the reward? Him. Why don't we seek as much as we should? Maybe we don't want Him as much as we should? If we seek we shall find.

2010/7/20 8:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy