SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling Open-air Evangelists: Charlotte, North Carolina

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Calling Open-air Evangelists: Charlotte, North Carolina

Greetings,

I believe the Lord has put it on my heart to try and team up with a small group of open-air evangelists sometime early next Spring to do some intense open-air evangelism in the greater Charlotte area. Ideally, I would like to spend a Saturday/Sunday preaching around the city, and wrap it up by spending 3 days preaching at UNC Charlotte, on a Monday through Wednesday. I am thinking to do this sometime between late February until April.

To keep expenses low, I do have 2 twin beds and a sofa for you to sleep on in my apartment. I would also attempt to provide some food, soda, etc., though, it would be nice if we could all simply chip in to buy a couple pizza's or something instead. And if anybody has some sort of amplification equipment, such as a passport that they could bring, that would be awesome, as I imagine that much preaching will put a strain on all of our voices, even if we rotate and take turns preaching. I do have a full-time job to return to afterwards.

If the Lord so knits your heart with mine to so come out and do this thing, please e-mail me:

Just so you know ahead of time, theologically I consider myself a non-classical Pentecostal, Wesleyan/Arminian, and Post-Tribulational/Pre-Millennial/Art Katzian. I don't care if you are all or none of these things, but if you take strong objection to ministering alongside somebody who holds these views, and preaches from these perspectives, then you might consider not coming :-)

All I ask is that you be evangelical in your convictions (which excludes those who hold to a moral government heresy), and most importantly, that you be a broken vessel whom the Lord can speak through. While in my own open-air ministry, I can be pretty bold in what I say, I never try to be harsh, unloving, or argumentative. I never use Jerry Springer like tactics to draw a crowd or paint gaudy sandwich board signs. I simply try to preach the excellencies of Jesus Christ, the full gospel message, and rely on the power of the Holy Spirit. After all, if a man or woman is truly on fire for Jesus, the world will show up just to watch them burn.

So, if the Lord so interests you, please let me know. Ideally, I'd like to form a team of 3-5 people.

2009/11/14 10:26Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Calling Open-air Evangelists: Charlotte, North Carolina

Bump

2009/11/14 12:24Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Sounds wonderful dear brother :-) but sweden seem to far at the moment but i have had a similar burden on my heart recently, your post/question encouraged me somehow. I hope someone will feel the calling to come and partner up with you.

2009/11/14 13:04Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

:-) I hear ya.

2009/11/14 15:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Bump :-)

2009/11/14 22:54Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

Only if you lived in Virginia!

I would love the opportunity to preach along side you brother, even if I do not agree on all points of theology.

Ultimately, Calvinism / Arminianism is not the issue... but rather regeneration.

I pray that God would be glorified in the ministry God has granted you.

2009/11/15 0:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

:-) I'm only about a 6 hour drive away from Richmond!

2009/11/15 0:21Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

Hmm, I'll definitely pray about it.

I'm sure God will open the doors for it to come to fruition if it is His will.

My only concern would be my class workload.

We shall see!

2009/11/15 0:27Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Bump :-)

2009/11/16 21:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy