SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Safety in the multitude of council.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Safety in the multitude of council.

Someone at our church wants to start Celebrate Recovery from Saddle Back Church . I would like to know what my brothers and sisters on Sermon Index know about it . Thanks for your wisdom !

2009/11/13 22:02
kathleen1

Re: Safety in the multitude of council.

I don't know much about Celebrate Recovery but I do know I wouldn't want to imitate Saddleback Church or Rick Warren. This is a church that uses methods of the world and flesh to try to do spiritual works, we don't need a purpose driven life we need a life lived in the Spirit of God. If Christ is seen in us, if self will is crucified as we lean on the Holy Spirit and let the Holy Spirit direct us, and fill us, we do not need anything else. Then Christ will be seen and He alone can help those addicted and bound and hurting. He is their recovery. He is life. He delivered me from a 17 year drug and nicotine addiction in just a few minutes on my knees in 2001. I didn't need rehab, no recovery program, just the Bible and the Spirit and the new life He birthed in me. You know what I'm saying? I have been clean ever since. My family and friends were astounded at the changes at me. They saw that yes, there is a God because nothing else could have changed me so much with a 100% success rate. He's kept me clean ever since, because He changed my desires-I no longer desired drugs and cigarettes and alcohol, and pills, I desired God who had set me free from the pain, rebellion and fear that drove me to drugs in the first place. God will never approve of His church using methods of the world. God wants the world out of the church. What is that, I asked Him. He said it's the church acting and moving in their own understanding, not under the leadership of the Spirit-regardless what they are doing. If it's not come out of the prayer closet, and led by the Spirit, it's not going to work-that is if pleasing God and accomplishing something of eternal value is the goal. If having large crowds of carnal people, and praise of men is the goal, then I would say go ahead. If a drug free/discipleship program is something your church wants to have I would suggest checking into Teen Challenge and using that pattern instead. The Biblical Principles the Celebrate Recovery program with its 8 steps uses will not work without the presence of the Holy Spirit in that life which is the TRUTH that makes men free. Without the Spirit and His life, there is only religious death and bondage.

2009/11/15 9:02Profile
kathleen1

Re:

[url=https://store.schoolofchristinternational.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=36&osCsid=veuk5t54795ieqv4bge1pio2m4]School of Christ Manual[/url]

This is a very thick book, but each lesson is 3-4 pages long and power packed with life changing truth that will point folks in the right direction. It's written by BH Clendennen. There are 19 subjects covered, 156 lessons. These truths applied to the life not only makes us an overcomer when it comes to being freed from addictions, but also freed from deception, freed from worldly lust that will destroy us. It will strengthen folks so they don't go back to what they were before.

The School of Christ is another suggestion rather than Celebrate Recovery.

[url=http://www.schoolofchristinternational.com/history.html]History of the School of Chris International-What is it?[/url]

[url=http://www.actsamerica.tv/live.html]School of Christ being taught live, 24/7[/url]

2009/11/15 14:51Profile

Re: thanks

Thanks for your time and insight ! ;-)

2009/11/16 23:23

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy