SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Infalliblility and the Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Infalliblility and the Catholic Church

Haydock said:

Quote:
See, you not only need an infallible book (the Bible). You need an infallible interpreter of that Book. The incorrect interpretation of the Bible cannot properly be called the Word of God...only the correct one.

What you fail to see is that WE have an infallible interpreter called the Holy Ghost which dwells in those that have received Him by faith.

If you'll notice the words of Jesus Christ. Now I want you to really read this and not just skim over it. Re read it if you have to.
Quote:
1 John [27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, [b]and ye need not that any man teach you[/b]: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

If your a context reader than by all means look it up yourself and read the whole chapter.

2009/11/13 12:49
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Infalliblility and the Catholic Church

Quote:

The incorrect interpretation of the Bible cannot properly be called the Word of God...only the correct one.

My question has always been to Catholics, who then can interpreter the interpreter? If we can't interpret, then there is only room for a mindless amen... and mass in Latin.

2009/11/13 12:58Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Men, especially priests and the Pope; are
fallible mortals; but the wisdom given by the
Spirit of GOD is not fallible!!

2009/11/13 13:58Profile

Re:

For anyone interested, I have been compiling some great articles and videos exposing Catholicism: http://www.puregospeltruth.com/resources-for-catholics-reaching-catholics-with-the-true-gospel.html

Lord willing, I plan to add more soon.

2009/11/13 14:10
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Josef_Urban

Thank you for posting the link. I will spend some time reading through this weekend.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/13 18:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy