SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What if you simply just can't obey ONE thing?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Silo

What if you simply just can't obey ONE thing?

What if God tells you to do something and your not doing it? I keep thinking about the rich young ruler. But I want to serve the Lord but there's just one thing He might be asking me to do and I don't want to do it.

What does this mean for me? I feel like I can't even read or pray sometimes until I agree with him.

2009/11/12 20:50Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: What if you simply just can't obey?

Something in the Scripture or something you feel is being revealed to you outside of the Scripture?

2009/11/12 20:54Profile
Silo

Re:

I'm not sure what you mean. I know even if this wasn't from God, it still revealed my heart that I wasn't willing to lay it ALL down.

Is that what you mean? Can I still tell God 'No' and ask him to change it into a 'Yes' without me knowing it? lol

2009/11/12 20:58Profile

Re: What if you simply just can't obey ONE thing?

Quote:
What if God tells you to do something and your not doing it?

Like "Seek ye first the kingdom of God?" Matt 6:33.

2009/11/12 21:21
Laviver

Re:

Good question Silo. Maybe walk away sorrowful like that rich, young ruler did. Godly sorrow produces repentance.

2009/11/12 21:33Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: What if you simply just can't obey ONE thing?

Quote:

Silo wrote:
What if God tells you to do something and your not doing it? I keep thinking about the rich young ruler. But I want to serve the Lord but there's just one thing He might be asking me to do and I don't want to do it.

What does this mean for me? I feel like I can't even read or pray sometimes until I agree with him.

Lk 14:33 [color=CC3300]In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.[/color]

It is precisely that thing that is most precious to you, or that thing that you don't want to do, that God will require of you.

To enter into the Kingdom, we are all required to give up everything we have -- the wonderful thing is after we give up everything to God, we will eventually gain even more.

2009/11/12 21:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Can I still tell God 'No' and ask him to change it into a 'Yes' without me knowing it? lol

You can tell God you do not want to do this thing but if he wants you to do it, ask him to make you willing to want to do it. Understand? Nothing wrong with this....after all he is more interested in your obedience then you are.

ginnyrose

2009/11/12 21:40Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, len ravenhill often said that God is not interested in your happiness but in your holiness... when i say repent i mean give the lordship of you life to Jesus... co not try to keep what you cannot and lose what God will let you keep forever.jimp

2009/11/12 23:34Profile
Laviver

Re:

Quote:

jimp wrote:
...len ravenhill often said that God is not interested in your happiness but in your holiness...

I often find those to be synonymous :)

2009/11/13 0:06Profile
Silo

Re:

It's true...that's probably why I keep thinking of the rich young ruler. That one thing he couldn't let go.

Would it be appropiate to ask some of the things that gripped your heart,(not sin) that God has asked you to let go?

2009/11/13 13:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy