SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : No Mr. President - John Piper's Response to President Obama on Abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Laviver

Re:

Technically, President Obama has not commanded any of us to disobey God by his stances on marriage and abortion.

2009/11/11 23:41Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

His health care will have abortions paid for by taxpayer money.

2009/11/12 0:00Profile
Laviver

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
His health care will have abortions paid for by taxpayer money.

Actually it won't. See article:

http://www.frc.org/pressrelease/family-research-council-praises-passage-of-pro-life-amendment-to-health-care-bill

And in any case it hasn't yet so Christians don't need to prematurely throw their 'just rebellion' card yet. It usually seems we are all to eager to fight against 'the system.' If we spent nearly as much time praying (or even putting some works to that faith by running for political positions) for the President and Congress, as opposed to eating up every news story and holy grumbling about it, things might be different?

I think our negativity towards government and speed to which we jump to conclusions reveals the conditions of hearts: we are nowhere near the aformentioned things laid out by Paul in Romans and Timothy.

2009/11/12 0:48Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Forgive me if I'm eager for the final empire to rise and Christ to come as the uncut stone and smash it to pieces and usher in His Kingdom.

:-P

Even now... Lord come quickly!

2009/11/12 0:52Profile
Laviver

Re:

Quote:

IWantAnguish wrote:
Forgive me if I'm eager for the final empire to rise and Christ to come as the uncut stone and smash it to pieces and usher in His Kingdom.

:-P

Even now... Lord come quickly!

Indeed, I share your sentiments, yet let us be careful to steward our hearts and prayers as our Lord has prescribed until His blessed return.

2009/11/12 0:55Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Aye. For this struggle in this life is but for a moment... and then we shall pass into eternal glory.

Oh the anticipation!

2009/11/12 1:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy