SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is the Lord speaking to anyone about 2012?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CrossCarrier

Is the Lord speaking to anyone about 2012?

I've heard many different theories on what will happen during 2012 but, do any of these theories line up with the Bible? Is the Lord speaking to anyone about it? I just found some stuff about it and I'm really curious about it.

2009/11/10 11:23Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Is the Lord speaking to anyone about 2012?

What are you talking about?

2009/11/10 11:26Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Is the Lord speaking to anyone about 2012?

What is a theory?? Just an unscientific guess.
The Mayan calender ends in 2012, so what?
Why does this alarm you?? Who holds the
promise of hope and the future?? Who holds
tomorrow?? GOD REIGNS.

2009/11/10 11:29Profile
CrossCarrier

Re:

I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the year. What do you think of all that Mayan calender stuff? Has anyone researched it?

2009/11/10 11:30Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Heard about the mayan calender, but I have not researched it. Not interested.

So, perhaps you could share what you know.

Thanks.

2009/11/10 11:32Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe that the word of the Lord to me about 2012 is that 2012 is going to come and pass, and all the false prophets that have hooked onto that date as being the end of the world will be proven false, liars, and God will shown as the only one who is able to declare the end from the beginning.

2009/11/10 11:44Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

When should we expect the calendar to end? Should it be infinite? I mean, there [b]has[/b] to be [i]some[/i] year that they ended on. Our desk calendars here in the office end on December 31st, 2009, but nobody is worried about it.

2009/11/10 11:49Profile
CrossCarrier

Re:

Make no mistake. I'm not alarmed by it and I do not think it is the end of the world. But something could happen. The theory I saw was that of a magnetic reversal which wouldn't end the world but would cause massive flooding. In the Bible it says that in the last days men would faint due to the roaring of the seas. However distorted the truth about it is. I think it may have some Biblical merit to it. The bible says that we should not be ignorant of the times so that that day would not come on us like a thief. I'm just trying to discern the truth from the lies. I'm not afraid. If it happens, then oh well, I'll survive and through God, I'll thrive.

2009/11/10 12:37Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:
Make no mistake. I'm not alarmed by it and I do not think it is the end of the world. But something could happen.

Forgive me for being cynical, but this calendar thing has even less substance behind it than the Y2K scare, where many smart people made millions off the ignorant.

Something WILL happen: The poor Mayans will have nowhere to book their appointments unless they change over to the modern calendar. :-P

2009/11/10 12:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi CrossCarrier...

Quote:
The theory I saw was that of a magnetic reversal which wouldn't end the world but would cause massive flooding.

I suppose that the question should be in regard to just what evidence that these "theories" are based upon. While the Mayans were pretty intelligent when it came to math (compared with contemporaries in the New World at the time), their religions were quite pagan (to say the least).

During a portion of our honeymoon a couple of years ago, my wife and I toured the lost Mayan city of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulum]Tulum[/url]. Our tour guide was Mayan in ethnicity and a professor from a local university. He explained that the "2012" merely represented the end of a calendar cycle. This professor explained that the Mayans have never placed much importance on the date, other than that it is the end of another calendar cycle. He pointed out that nothing "major" happened at the end of any of the previous Mayan calendar cycles. The only difference is that this is the last cycle that has been found. He explained that this could be due to the mathematicians growing tired (thinking that they had counted far enough), or that they might actually have continued counting with another cycle but that the evidence was lost. Either way, he explained that there is no evidence that the Mayans gave any significance to the year (other than it is just the end of another cycle).

I believe that the Scriptures warn us against giving heed to such thing. I Timothy 4:6-7 says, "If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. [b]But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness[/b]." In this same passage, the NIV calls them "godless myths" and the NASB calls them "worldly fables."

Besides, even in all of the events that will Scripturally comprise the end, we are encouraged to not worry but to keep our faith in Christ Jesus. We should trust in Christ...while we watch...and remain ready...at all times.

:-)

2009/11/10 13:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy