SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please require real names and email addresses of forum members

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

What if... Heartsong, ccrider, both of you are absolutely correct. Two sides of a coin, but part of the coin nonetheless.

What if we as Christians could just do away with our humanity, our tendency to think ourselves right and win the argument, our tendency to let our emotions take us places the Spirit of God would not have us go, our temptation to lose our cool under pressure, our frustration when things are not as we idealize them to be...

SI has been a great resource to me. I am glad that I stumbled across it. There are many people here whom I would some day like to meet. You know, in a starbucks sort of way. Sit, have coffee, and get acquainted. I will someday meet many of you in the coming kingdom. I feel like there are people who are members here who have a heart's cry to see the kingdom of God come in the heart's of men. There are others who come for strife and contention's sake. What do we do with them?

I guess obviously love them. There were times when Jesus said let the wheat and tares grow together and I will sort it all out in judgment. There were other times when He confronted and rebuked. I am not sure what the solution is, or if there is really a problem that needs solving at all. I do know that we as believers, although is it OK to discuss and even sometimes "debate" an issue, must remember that the world will know us by our love one for another. We must always seek the edification of our brother or sister.

I want to say that I appreciate SI and all of you that I have had the opportunity to "meet" and enter into conversation. May God's blessings and His Holy Spirit dwell in you richly.

Travis

2009/11/13 18:25Profile

My dear sister GinnyRose

Quote:
I find it unnerving, unsettling to think that one person who posts here goes by more than one name.

Beloved, here's what I believe, here's my conviction as led by God, pity the poor sinner who play games with the DEEP Things of God.

Poor Uzziah, and all he was trying to do was keep the Ark from getting overturned!

Look at Ananias and Sapphira!

This humble website, dedicated to God is just that, dedicated to God, and if somebody plays games, deceit, trickery, etc......well, I dont know what to say, except God have mercy on them.

My counsel would be keep it like it is, and God will take care of the enemy, amen....and my name is neil, and if anyone wants to know my last name, and I know you in the Spirit, PM me, lets all just keep ourselves real, authentic and genuine, and let Jesus'Blood and the Spirit, keep us holy.

much love in Him, neil

2009/11/13 18:39
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: My dear sister GinnyRose

Quote:
lets all just keep ourselves real, authentic and genuine, and let Jesus'Blood and the Spirit, keep us holy.

Amen!

ginnyrose

2009/11/13 18:55Profile

Re:

deepthinker.... One account as opposed to two accounts being used to deceive. Heartsong said 'what if' the people abusing the rules are here to be saved. My point was 'then why do they need two (or five) accounts'?? Can you justify this deep thinker?? You know why I said this? Because if they are kicked off of here and come back over and over again to attack the forum then do they really want to be saved?? Their first account was their chance if they were sincere. But this is not the reality... if it was this wouldn't be enough of a problem for the moderators and forum members to express their concerns. Here's the problem, some are making this a philosophical argument. I countered to make a point that the 'what if' can go both ways.

Multiple accounts aren't allow here... period. Those who use two or more accounts have been using them to deceive and propagate their doctrine.. period. What part of this don't you understand?? It's a problem, otherwise the moderators wouldn't have asked for it to be reported. Someone suggested that they might want to investigate a preventative measure. So sentiments have been expressed. There was no mention of anything other than troubleshooting a problem. Now, how is this a problem for you??? And before anyone says 'well God is in charge' then I say 'then don't say another word'. Put your faith where your mouth is because you really shouldn't make that statement if you want to continue stating your opinion and counterpoints. God's in charge yet I will continue to produce MY argument??? For me, as much as this statement is true about God's sovereign authority, it's also a cop-out for those who want to do nothing. If every 'would be' missionary said this, no one would labor in the fields.

2009/11/13 22:10

Re:

"If we sit here and spit and argue with each other, are we not just as false as they? What makes their falseness worse than our own?" heartsong

You have 1952 posts... have these been void of argument?? If you want to call 'spitting and arguing' as false then everyone here is in big trouble. Tell that to Paul and Barnabas. I'll make a deal with you heartsong. If you promise from now on not to 'spit or argue' with anyone here moving forward then I will do the same. We can define what 'argument' is since this is somewhat vague.. but if we can agree on a definition then I'm all for it.

2009/11/13 22:31
chapel

Re:

Luke 17:1-4
Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! [2] It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
[3] Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. [4] And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Maybe we should obey the Lord. He seems to have it all covered.

2009/11/13 22:44Profile

Re:

Romans 16:17-18

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites.

He's got it covered no doubt... but that doesn't preclude His instruction. Stay away or forgive if they repent. So far I haven't seen much of the latter from those who are attacking the forum. Perhaps we should stay away... but who trusts that these people will go unchallenged by all here?? ;-)

2009/11/13 22:57
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:

ccrider wrote:
Romans 16:17-18

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites.

He's got it covered no doubt... but that doesn't preclude His instruction. Stay away or forgive if they repent. So far I haven't seen much of the latter from those who are attacking the forum. Perhaps we should stay away... but who trusts that these people will go unchallenged by all here?? ;-)

Dear ccrider,

Do you not see that from what the Lord has taught me, this is you? Should I now try to find a way to keep you away? Should I now try to create or employ a law to take you out? The problem with this "law" business is that someone can always turn it around and use it against you. It becomes a dog eat dog environment where the one(s) in power endeavor to take out one(s) that are a threat to their position - whatever that happens to be. This is not the way of the Lord.

The sun just came out :) and I must move on to happier things. I love you dear brother, make sure that you spend much time in prayer so that the Lord can reveal His full intentions for your life. God bless you.

2009/11/14 5:51Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear brothers and sisters,

The original post was a mere suggestion meant for the moderators of this forum. I chose to post it as a thread in General Topics to allow you all to post your comments for the moderators to see before they make any decisions. We all know it will ultimately be Greg Gordon's decision whether to take up the suggestion or not. My only motive was to propose a way to discourage those who seek to mislead readers by the spamming of false doctrine and contrived discussions.

It would have been enough if all of us had just posted our comments for final consideration by Greg. However, instead of remaining a mere thread for suggestions, this has become a vehicle for argument and recrimination, and all for a small thing that really does not matter that much at all. Many have become too passionate for nothing of value.

I beg of you all to let this be the last post here, and leave it all for Greg to read and decide. If it all comes to nothing, that is fine with me -- it was just a small suggestion.

2009/11/14 10:45Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: GinnyRose

Quote:
I find it unnerving, unsettling to think that one person who posts here goes by more than one name.

There are 'trollers' everywhere you go, most do it to have fun or make fun.

There are 'deceptive' people everywhere you go, most do it because they don't know any other way; until Jesus brings it forefront to them, they will not admit it or seek deliverance.

And like DeepThinker's two identities, he was found out (and praise God he had ears to hear) and the Lord worked on him.

No matter the amount of rules that are in place, they (the deceptive people) will find a way around them because that is what they do. I find it hard to believe too but I am also learning that in every arena of life, it is a trust issue with the Lord; or else I get bent out of shape! And me getting bent out of shape does not show forth the righteousness of God!!

I hope this helped but I pray for Greg and the moderators to do what the Lord wants them to do!

God bless you!

2009/11/14 11:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy