SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please require real names and email addresses of forum members

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I do have this question for the moderator's though: Are multiple accounts under different identifications allowed here??

If yes, then okay.

If not, is this then grounds for termination of the account???

My point is this. If this is not allowed then those who have multiple accounts know their deception (of course). And if it is revealed that they are acting deceptively in this way then should they be banned just as the unrepentant brother?

I say this because neil and others have accused at least one of the 'regulars' here of multiple accounts on this very forum. An accusation doesn't mean they are correct but what about this kind of bantering?? Is it worth looking into if multiple accounts are not allowed?? But again, if it's allowable then that is much different.

2009/11/9 15:32

Re:

This is a bad idea. This is a privacy issue.

My family was violated by someone who got information on us from a similar forum. Fortunately because I know how to protect my family nothing serious happened.

Just a bad idea all the way around.

If people want to use deceitful means in order to debate scripture... well, they may burn in hell with their arguments if they don't repent and get saved.

Krispy

PS: ok ... now hang on a minute while I switch usernames in order to bolster my thoughts! :-)

2009/11/9 15:37
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Leo

I understand your heart in this matter.In all truth I have been deeply troubled by some of the threads and prayed over all that might read some of the lies being put forth as Biblical truth. However I am also mindful that I am a woman who is vulnerable to some of those same eyes that are anonymously coming to SI. Not everyone who comes here is coming to seek the Lord. It would be naive to assume that they are. For safety reasons I do not want my main email given. I will admit I use a sub email account from another provider besides my ISP. I do not want my private info out on the internet for these very reasons. I do think it can be a safety issue.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/9 15:47Profile

Re:

See... y'all didn't know that I am really maryjane, did ya!!

Krispy

2009/11/9 15:49
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings Leo

I understand your heart in this matter.In all truth I have been deeply troubled by some of the threads and prayed over all that might read some of the lies being put forth as Biblical truth. However I am also mindful that I am a woman who is vulnerable to some of those same eyes that are anonymously coming to SI. Not everyone who comes here is coming to seek the Lord. It would be naive to assume that they are. For safety reasons I do not want my main email given. I will admit I use a sub email account from another provider besides my ISP. I do not want my private info out on the internet for these very reasons. I do think it can be a safety issue.

God Bless
maryjane

I appreciate your concern, maryjane (and Krispy, or is it KrispyJane/Marykrittr?), and it is a valid one. I know this will even make it more difficult for Greg, but in other websites it is possible for members to submit their authentic information, and then opt not to have it seen by others so that only site administrators know who they are. This way, the original intent of my suggestion would be accomplished while your concerns would also be met, and those who don't mind can have their info publicly listed.

The key is the administrators will have information they can check to reveal poseurs and multiple account holders (assuming such is not allowed).

Addendum (edit):
Spiritually speaking, this is too valuable and too influential a forum to allow just anyone to come in and post whatever they want. We need to have some accountability for content - don't you think?

2009/11/9 15:53Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Quote:

Fortunately because I know how to protect my family nothing serious happened.

This is code for "concealed carry" law. :-P

2009/11/9 16:17Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

@#$#$$%)(*&&%^%$#@@@%^&*((**
!@@##$%%^**((())))(&^&%^$#@!@$$

##$%$^((**JHGFR))**^$$&&((^%^$$##

|GFTTT^&%$$

This message has been encrypted if you can't read it please send a signed message so that your email client can de-encrypt the message according to recipient's cipher.

If you have less than 300 posts don't bother.

2009/11/9 16:34Profile
Laviver

Re:

I understand your point, and it seems reasonable in theory. As has been already said, it just seems highly impractical. Would moderators just have the info or everyone?

What if different IP addresses were used with dummy emails? Usually people today have access to the internet by several means: cell phone, laptop, home pc, work, library, school, on and on. I think that if these disruptors are truly that sinister, than this will not stop them. Like the gun law logic used earlier, only people who follow the law need apply. Thugs and gangsters will still do what they do. And if that's the case, I don't know what knowing everyone else's real name and email would do besides opening up privacy issues as has been brought up. Like knowing my name wouldn't mean anything to regulars or the guests who frequent here because you don't really know me and certainly haven't heard of me.

Not trying to be obstinate, it just is too much.

2009/11/9 16:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
This is code for "concealed carry" law.

Someone is paying attention... very good!

Krispy

2009/11/9 16:58
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Again, I think it is good to reiterate: the forum is not a church. SI is essentialy an online sermon archive with the emphasis on revival. The forums are ancillary to the downloadable material; they are an added bonus, a privilege and not a right, and they shouldn't be the focus and the means by which new regulations for overall membership to SI is granted. But, like Greg, I certainly understand the idea behind such a notion!

As it stands, moderators periodically visit the forums to make sure abusive language and/or strife and contention are not running amuck. IP's for repeat offenders are taken into account and recorded.

Brother Paul

2009/11/9 17:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy