SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please require real names and email addresses of forum members

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Bad idea.

Very institutional churchish... Reminds me of the tithe list handed out at churches... or having to "join" the church and having your name on a list at a church.

Gun laws... Only affects those who follow the laws.

Way too many things can go wrong with something like this. There are WAY to many people that are do not want their information to get into others hands. I personally don't care if people know who I am (hence my signature), but I am not about support that on everyone that wants to be a part of this ministry.

Also, would we be having this discussion about information if we were in China, Iran, N. Korea... Would we want our info out there?

2009/11/9 13:46Profile

Re:

"Besides, the purpose of this website is NOT to promote theological discussions about every controversial doctrine under the sun." ccchhhhrrriss

Yet you are the one of the first to jump in on most of the 'theological war' debates and continue with Chapel until the cows come home. The reality is that it is a venue for these debates... right or wrong.

These were merely suggestions by concerned forum brother's and sisters who deal with malicious heresies that can be construed as attacks on the forum itself... we're not trying to revamp the website. If they are not practical then throw it out.. suggestions aren't mandates. I just think Leo wanted to start a thinking process concerning an obvious problem and I can see his end of it.

2009/11/9 13:51

Re:

CCrider

"These were merely suggestions by concerned forum brother's and sisters who not only have to deal with malicious heresies, [ that] can be construed as attacks on the forum itself... we're not trying to revamp the website."

amen.

2009/11/9 13:54

side bar to brother Christiian

Quote:
Gun laws... Only affects those who follow the laws.

amen. Thats why our home state of Wisconsin is the best in the nation, a free land flowing with milk and honey, clean drinking water flowing out of limestone, just like Jerusalem, and the most liberal gun ownership laws in the land.

in other words, ....gun control means hitting yer target, amen and amen.

and my name is neil, and I stand behind everything I post, some heere even knowe my last name and my phone number. I love fellowship with the Body of believeres.

the spammers, imposters, sooner or later get exposed, just let God work.

neil

2009/11/9 14:07
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: side bar to brother Christiian

Natan4Jesus wrote:

Quote:
and the most liberal gun ownership laws in the land.

Actually, don't you mean the most conservative gun laws in the land? Get me drift? 8-)

Blessings my fellow Badger.

2009/11/9 14:44Profile
Laviver

Re:

I'm sorry, what's the point of all this again? Reverse search engines and cross-referenced IP addresses? I just can't see the need. What would we do with information? Excommunicate the heretics from the universal body? Put up wanted posters? Are not the current forum rules enough to keep order and decency here?

Did not Jesus let the tares grow with the wheat?

If it is pressing on your own heart to advertise your name and email, please feel free to, but all this just sounds motivated by personal agenda against certain threads that have been happening around here lately.

2009/11/9 14:47Profile

Re:

I don't see Leo Grace or others who were concerned about the attacks on the forum as having a personal agenda... let's keep it to the logistics. The problem wasn't just the doctrine but the deception of those who use multiple accounts to circumvent the rules... just like Orthodox did by coming back on after Greg told him not to. If it's not logistically possible to prevent that then that's fine.

2009/11/9 15:07
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi ccrider...

Quote:
Quote:
"Besides, the purpose of this website is NOT to promote theological discussions about every controversial doctrine under the sun." - ccchhhhrrriss

Yet you are the one of the first to jump in on most of the 'theological war' debates and continue with Chapel until the cows come home. The reality is that it is a venue for these debates... right or wrong.

I'm not saying that we cannot discuss such issues. However, there is a difference between arguing and discussing. Although I am aware that I have entered debates, I think that I have usually tried to do so as to point out variance of opinion about absolutes that are often produced. In Chapel's "non-resistance" threads, I simply entered to show that his views on the matter were not the standard set for all believers. I felt that the rhetoric had meandered from introducing and discussing particular views on a matter to actually dismissing the very faith of those with whom some may have disagreed. This seems to be the end result with many of the more controversial theological discussions here.

Of course, this thread contained a mere suggestion by concerned individuals...as well as the responses to that suggestion by [i]other[/i] concerned individuals. I just don't see this issue as meriting any such response merely because a few individual might misuse this opportunity. I think that it would be wise to remember that all men are seeing "through the glass darkly." As such, I think that we should use the same level of contemplation and testing (via the Word of God) for every word written in the forums.

2009/11/9 15:16Profile

Re:

Hi cccchhhhrrrisss. I understand. Thanks for the response.

2009/11/9 15:19
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear brothers and sisters,

There is no personal agenda here, as ccrider pointed out. It is merely a suggestion that, hopefully, would make it harder for wolves in sheep's clothing to post here.

Why is this necessary you ask? As I was typing this post, there were 77 guests in SermonIndex, some of whom will be reading the forums. Hundreds do this each day - some of them are seekers, some are young Christians - this is after all a Christian forum. Shouldn't we be be concerned about what they might read?

Is it unreasonable to ask that anyone who wants the privilege of posting here before hundreds of readers, some of whom are spiritually impressionable, should at least "step into the light" and identify themselves ?

2009/11/9 15:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy