SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you know if a dream is from the Lord or not?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings white stone

Yes my friend does know that I posted her dream here in the forum. After praying about it for a while she came to me and asked if I would post it for her. She does not own a computer and I have often shared with her about the brothers and sisters here at SI, so she asked if I might share it and then she would pray and seek what the Lord had for her to see.(if anything)

Yes she has shared this dream with her husband. She said she did so almost right away because it was bothering her so much.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.
Thanks for asking:-)

God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/9 11:25Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Dear MaryJane,

Yes, it did. Thank you,

white stone

2009/11/9 12:22Profile

Re: How do you know if a dream is from the Lord or not?

As far as dreams go, they can be very unreliable as to the truth of them. If you haven't noticed, there are dreams influenced by the devil;

Saying that, dreams can be very real and profitable to the individual and to the body of Christ.
Joel 2

It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.
29. "Even on the male and female servants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

I have had several dreams from the Lord, and a handful that were from the flesh, or other spirits. The big divider for me, has always been the Presence of the Holy Spirit in them. I often sense it, see it, and even if it is seemingly judgmental, have Peace. Godly dreams are very clear, and direct; A this is that kind of things; not leaving you with a ton of speculation or questions.

I often get the interpretation later though....sometimes two or three days later.

Test the spirits, and be willing to speedily reject a Pizza influenced fantasy, but realize that God still speaks today, and can get the message across in dreams and say a lot. Pictures can be worth more than many descriptive words.

2009/11/9 14:14
Theophila

Re: How do you know if a dream is from the Lord or not?

Just my $0.02:
It appears the Lord may be showing her she still needs to submit some bit of her to Him [perhaps having to do with what she perceives as her 'rights', whatever that means to her] and what may happen if she doesn't. That it is easy to believe a lie if we do not completely yield our will to Him.
'A picture IS worth 1,000 words.'

I'm sure that as she seeks the Lord for clarification, He'll show her what it is. He is faithful. Always has been, always will be.

The Scripture that comes to mind as I type this is I Peter 5:8.

Peace.

2009/11/9 15:41Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

This may sound frivolous, but could it be just the result of a suppressed desire? Does you friend have an unrealized desire to have shorter hair dyed a darker shade, contrary to her husband's preference?

2009/11/9 15:46Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I had time with my friend yesterday afternoon and we were able to talk for some time. She did share some thing with me and we put these things to prayers. This is not about wanting to cut her actual hair, although she now feels strongly that her hair is a representation of her covering, either her husband or Jesus? She is not sure about what significance of cutting her hair is yet, perhaps it does have to do with submitting. Although her husband does not think she has said or behaved in any way towards him but loving and caring.(his words) She also believes the dying her hair black is sin in her heart that she has not yet repented of so she is seeking the Lord on that also. She believes this is what the Lord is showing her about this dream because in the dream when she looked at herself in the mirror she was very heart broken over her reflection, she was not the person she wanted to be in Him. She said that the more she thinks of the dream the more she is repulsed by her appearance in the mirror. She said that since the black hair was covering her head she feels that it is important. We prayed together about this, her heart is to seek the Lord and pray that He will reveal to her all these things that are not of Him so she might repent.

She does know that I am sharing these things with you here. She said that she has no worry about me sharing these things because when we bring sin into the light it no longer has any hold over us.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts.

God Bless
mj

2009/11/9 17:21Profile

Re:

I feel so inadequate in that any one of us should have had an answer. However, I have considered the possibility that this dream may not just be about her, but the Church that she attends or the Church in general. Paul says that we look through a glass darkly, but in this instance it's not dark at all, we can see our reflection and it's a reflection of all that is not God. The problem here is that we are seeing ourselves and not Christ. Our true reflection is Jesus. The scriptures tell us that we are to submit ourselves to God and resist the devil, but instead of resisting we have allowed, and for those that have resisted yet they say nothing. The devil is not cutting our hair, we have taken up the tool and are doing it we are ignorant of what we are doing to ourselves because when we thought we were growing we seen ourselves in the mirror and we were disgusted, our eyes were opened. The opening of the eyes reveal that we have seen our wretchedness and we regret what we have done. There is hope still because hair can grow back and the dye can fade, and all the beauty that once was can be restored.

I truly am grasping at straws, and I speak as a man.

2009/11/9 17:37
Theophila

Re:

Amen!

May the Lord let us see spiritual state as seen by all of eternity, that we may become who we should be in Him.

Amen.

2009/11/10 10:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy