SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : contemplative prayer Bickle

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
cfoster517

contemplative prayer Bickle

I WANTED TO LET EVERYONE THAT DESIRED TO SEEK OUT WHAT MIKE BICKLE AND IHOP VIEWS AS RELATED TO CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER. I KNOW SOME SAY THIS AND SOME SAY THAT. ALL IM HERE TO DO IS POST THE CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER TEACHINGS AND YOU CAN HERE IT FOR YOURSELF IF YOU HAVENT YET. MAY WE BE LIKE THE BEREANS in ACTS AND SEARCH WHATS TRUE AND WHATS NOT. BLESS YOU

http://www.heburnsforme.com/Mike_Bickle.html

2009/11/7 11:34Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: contemplative prayer Bickle

Went to link, noticed the list of charlatans on there and left.

2009/11/7 14:09Profile

Mike Bickle doesn't relate to most of the people there, and was probably slammed up; pirated to include him on that link.

Though he may have links to contemplative prayer, your methodology to expose him or slant him in a shadowy way, is spurious at best.

I tried to connect and couldn't, but it doesn't matter. Your post is a garbage post, and for your first one, it seems to have done the opposite, at least for me, and cast you in a shadow.

For anyone interested there are a few threads that do address "Contemplative Prayer", down below somewhere.

2009/11/7 16:34
Laviver

Re:

Brothertom I read your post twice and am not sure what you're saying or what your position is. Can you explain again please?

2009/11/7 18:51Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

If contemplative prayer is such a vile and wicked thing...why do we admire dead men who also participated in such practices? Wesley, Fenelon, Edwards, Nee, etc... were all deep contemplatives. Both Watchman Nee and Jonn Wesley sing the praises of Jeanne Guyon's "Experiencing The Depths of Jesus Christ"--which is basically an intro evolving into an in-depth teaching on the contemplative lifestyle. Contemplative prayer has done nothing but draw me nearer and nearer to Jesus Christ--and yes, that is the Jesus of the New Testament. No one has been able to show me the dangers of such activities. Comparisons to eastern religions don't quite cut it since all things holy have their demonic counterpart--including the OT priesthood.

Just my thoughts...

2009/11/7 19:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy