SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart apologizes after remark about 'killing' gay men

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Now, dear saints, the aim of this thread is intercession. Its purpose is to generate and stimulate prayer, focussed prayer. Discussion and dialogue should hold a considerable amount of substance leading to concentrated prayer pleasing to God.
Please, dear brethren, do consider correcting the handling of this subject.
Lars W.
Minor moderator

2004/9/29 14:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
And you shouldn't liken Jimmy Swaggert to Jonathan Edwards, as I consider that blasphemey against such a saint as whom the world is not worthy. You and Swaggert both need to repent.

Jimmy I do think your comments are rash and lacking the commandment of slow to speak. Yes I dont think that swaggart is at all near the level of an edwards. Jonathan Edwards lived a live sublime and had a tremendous impact for the kingdom of God in such a [b]potent[/b] way that its hard to even compare such a life of ministry in our day and age. God has mercifully allowed me to gather speakers that have and potray the mind of Christ in a way that is unusual and demands full observance to grow in our spirits. That being said men not found on this site are all not unfruitful or not worth listening to. But God in His grace is allowing me to gather men that have a message that is demanded to hear by ears of those who hear the spirits call to our day, the unique calling of revival and a burden for the lost.

I think it was Keith Daniel who is an evangelist from South Africa that has re-called in some ways and stories how very proment men of God fell while preaching in the pulpit of God. Some into fornication, adultery, etc. He stated quite bluntly that in His country those men would never be respected again, yes Jesus blood cleanses from all sin but the fact is that the consquences of sin in the ministry cannot be swept under the carpet.

2004/9/29 19:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Now, dear saints, the aim of this thread is intercession. Its purpose is to generate and stimulate prayer, focussed prayer. Discussion and dialogue should hold a considerable amount of substance leading to concentrated prayer pleasing to God.

I fully agree with brother Lars and a large part of the discussions in these threads should be promises of God and scripture to share so we can help each other pray for this minister and those who hear his teachings.

2004/9/29 19:36Profile
ArcAngel

Re:

Firstly, let's get back to our senses. It's wrong to murder someone by law in the United States. If Jimmy Swaggart were a murderer, he'd be in jail. I know the man personally. He is genuine. He preaches the word of God. However he is human. If any of you had listened to that sermon, you would know that he was in fact being figurative. Even while, and after the statement, he made the serious note that they need salvation just as much as any of us.

Im going to take it a step further. They need more than salvation. They need to be freed from demonic oppresion. God says it is an abomination. It is an abomination. And I for one am not going to have pitty on the discusting practices of such.

Perhaps you are willing to call the Most High a murderer. Well then, be my guest. But according to the Book, and the Words written therein, homosexuals will be given to a reprobate mind by God himself. They will have their reward for perverting what the Lord has warned against. Revelation says that they will be thrown into an enternal lake of fire, there to taste of eternal "death" and damnation. Homosexuals don't appear to be too worried about the Law of God, but they will kick over 90 turns of what a mortal says, and some of you take pitty on them. The homosexual community wants to murmer about that one thing offensive that Jimmy Swaggart said...why dont they listen to the whole message. They wouldnt be angry at the end, they would be rejoicing.

Just remember that every human has a choice. The physical organs of mankind worked properly in general at birth. What mankind has chosen to do with them since that moment of innocense is not God's, Jimmy Swaggart's, or anyone elses fault. Those people will burn for their own actions, according to Romans chapter 1. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with God. Remember next time you say, "the woman's choice"...or "gay rights", that the time of prophecy is upon the world. Make sure your house is in order before you try to clean someone else's.

Although Jimmy's timing and mannerisms have been questionable, God's arent. And it will come to pass.

2004/10/2 16:32Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

AMEN!!! Preach It!!! Now if that isn't true, I'm spiritually dumb! However, I don't think I am!!! Sin is sin, and true love is telling the truth whether it hurts or not...true love is sparing a soul from the fiery flames of an eternal hell. I thank God for Brother Jimmy and Donnie and others who are willing to preach THE TRUTH. Atleast they aren't trying to be "seeker-sensitive" by watering down The Gospel or "tippy-toeing around The Truth! How are they (homosexuals) going to know that it is sin and that it's going to damn their soul to hell if nobody is saying anything. I love this post ArcAngel. Praise God! God bless you...

The Evangelist

P.S.

Quote:
I fully agree with brother Lars and a large part of the discussions in these threads should be promises of God and scripture to share so we can help each other pray for this minister and those who hear his teachings.

What's wrong with his teachings? I haven't found anything unscriptural about it...It's sound doctrine. The anointing is upon this brother. Do you mind telling us?

2004/10/3 17:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy