SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama signs gay hate crimes measure

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Obama signs gay hate crimes measure

[b]Obama signs gay hate crimes measure[/b]

The homosexual movement gained a barrier-breaking victory Oct. 28 when President Obama signed into law a measure extending hate-crimes protections to homosexuals and transgender people.

The president's signature on the 2010 National Defense Authorization Act put into effect not only an annual bill for the U.S. military but enshrined into federal law the most significant legislative advance to date for homosexual activists. The Human Rights Campaign, America's largest homosexual organization, had described the measure as the country's "first major piece of civil rights legislation for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people."

Obama reserved his remarks at the White House signing ceremony primarily for the focus of the bill, the Department of Defense's reauthorization. He commented only at the end on the hate-crimes provision. The president called that portion of the legislation a ...

read more: http://baptistpress.com/BPnews.asp?ID=31569

2009/10/30 6:07Profile

Re: Obama signs gay hate crimes measure

I'll still preach against sin no matter what the sin may be.

Who will dare to join me?

Paul and Silas had wonderful worship services in jail!

Krispy

2009/10/30 7:57

Re:

Keep a cot warm for me if you get there first.

2009/10/30 7:59
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

No weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Let truth go forth in unction and anointing by the Holy Spirit.

May God be glorified through suffering.

2009/10/30 9:00Profile

Re:

Just watched a report on CBN about Norwich, England. A grandmother wrote a letter to the city council objecting to the Gay pride parade that had gone through the down town. Result? She was investigated for a possible hate crime.

This will continue to grow in America. Now here the question that has been posed before on SI.

Will you be the christian that says,' oh this has to be just let it be' Or will you be the christian who says "we can have a revival in America that will turn this tide for this generation?????

This message by J. Edwin Orr about role of prayer in revival. He speaks about America after the revolution. This conveys to me HOPE for the American people for our children.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=799

2009/10/30 10:13
Laviver

Re:

I realize you're just direct quoting the source article, but I try to refrain from using the word gay. It's a distortion of the truth, a ploy of Satan to make sin sound more tasteful, fun, and lighthearted. There is nothing gay about homosexuality. It is a gross abomination for which there is no room in the kingdom of God.

2009/10/30 11:09Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

Dirty filthy abominable SODOMITE would be correct vocabulary in dealing with this particular sin.

2009/10/30 11:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The time is coming when Christians will be persecuted if not arrested for preaching the truth concerning homosexuality.

Many will compromise on this issue to avoid the persecution, but a remnant will preach all of the council of God. The truth will be preached in love.

Mike

2009/10/30 11:53Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: krispy

Quote:
KrispyKrittr wrote:
Paul and Silas had wonderful worship services in jail!

Krispy

They were in there for casting out demons weren't they? I'm with you on that!!
8-)

2009/10/30 12:19Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

This is shocking but the bible clearly prophesied that that sin and depravity will take its course. Preaching the truth will cost us more and more and right so. Let us be prepared and see if we can snatch some of those perishing soul from the fire of judgement not fearing our own safety. Let us not pity ourselves but have mercy on those outside the kingdom. Let us be the voice that boldly heralds the bridegrooms coming.

2009/10/30 13:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy