Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : counting the cost

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
truthseer

arkansas

counting the cost

So far my relationship with Christ has cost me everything. It cost me my relationship with my parents.They are not christians,and disowned me for a couple of years.It cost me my relationship with my wife,she divorced me and ran off with someone else. It cost me my children,she got them in the divorce case.It has cost me friends and family to follow Christ with all of my heart. How did I deal with it . #1 I learned how to forgive and forget. #2 I learned to choose Christ first. #3 I learned that His grace is sufficient for me,no matter how much I suffered ,He poured in the oil and wine, and gave me ressurection life to overcome the hardship. His love is all you truly need. I have learned how to trust Him with every area of my life. He will never leave you or forsake you.He truly is my good shepard.A lot of times I did not know how it was going to work out. Then the LORD JESUS showed me back over the course of my life His sovreignty and guidance. Learn to lean on HIM with all your heart,HE will never fail you. I would like to say that it has cost me everything to follow Him.All this has brought me closer to my LORD. Any cross that Jesus asks you to bare, He will give you the grace to carry it. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009/10/29 3:15Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: counting the cost

Jesus tells us in Mark 10v29-31 that those who have left all for the sake of the gospel will receive, in this life, a hundredfold, all that he gave up.

But it also comes with persecutions, and in the age to come, eternal life.

So, we certainly, as Christians, do not live on easy street.

But, God is worth all the glory, honour, worship and more, than we could ever give Him.

God bless.

2009/10/29 8:54Profile

Re: counting the cost

Your witness is encouraging to us all. I think of Christian in Pilgrims Progress as his wife and children refuse to follow him.

We say with our mouth Jesus will never leave us etc. We also say trial and tribulations draw us closer. But it's when we actually experience all this and still come closer not farther to the Lord that the truth of it gives all of us hope!

2009/10/29 9:56

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy