Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus in the life of a believer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings
Maybe your not seeing that Jesus is a person who wants and desires to have relationship with you. He longs and desires to know your heart and for you to know Him. The Holy Spirit gives us understanding on who Jesus is, He points us to Jesus and gives us understanding. The only reason that we can even have fellowship with God is because of Christ who lives in us. Its not me that God sees when I come before Him, it is His son. Jesus who lives in me that God sees and accepts. Apart from Christ I could never have fellowship with God, I could never be in His presence. I must have Christ living in my every minute of every day in order to have fellowship with the Lord. You have life because of Christ! A thought shared below written by another believer sums up who Jesus is in my life!

God Bless
maryjane

Jesus Is Our All In All

“And the Father put all things under Christ’s feet, and gave him to be head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. And you he made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins!” (Eph. 1:22-2:1).What does it mean that Jesus is our “all in all?”? It means, I am not qualified to be my savior. “He is my Savior. He is my life. He is my relationship with myself. He is my relationship with the Father. He is my relationship with sin. He is my relationship with the flesh. He is my relationship with the world. He is my relationship with the devil. He is my relationship with the law. He is my relationship with all the saints. Christ is my life!”

2009/10/29 11:55Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote:
I hear a lot of this 'Jesus Christ in you' language, but I really don't find a theological basis for it in the word.

'I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives IN ME'.
Galatians 2:20

'If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, AND I IN YOU'. John 14:15-20

This is a mystery! We are 'in Christ' and He is in us'
Quote:
I have trouble picturing a miniature action figure Jesus running around in my heart.

Of course we don't have a miniature Jesus in us! If the Holy Spirit is in us, then so is Jesus and so is the Father. This is the mystery of the trinity. We have the FULLNESS of God in us! If only we could fully realise this - what a difference it would make to our lives.
So yes you are right it is The Holy Spirit in us and Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, but it is also true that where one person of the Godhead is, so are the others. Is this not what Jesus meant when he said ' If you have seen me, you have seen the Father'.
Also you will find in places that the Holy Spirit is also refered to as the The Spirit of Christ.

'But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His'. Romans 8:9

2009/10/29 11:57Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

IWantAnguish wrote:
Brother, I agree 100% that we 'should' love Jesus Christ.

But honestly, I don't think I do... if I do, I fear it is for the wrong reasons.

I have accepted the gift of the Holy Spirit, and shunned the Giver... The reason Eliezer gave so many gifts to Rebbecca was to show the riches of her husband to be, Isaac.

In the same way, the Holy Spirit enriches us, to point us to Christ. But should Rebbecca turn and love Isaac because of gifts?

What motive should cultivate our love for Jesus Christ? What He did for us? Or who He is?

I believe my mind may be ruined due to growing up in fake church. I know nothing about the attributes of God revealed through the cross.

"You need to love Jesus." Yes... but how?

I feel for you, and will be praying for you.

Jesus Christ is also "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us". He told us to "eat my flesh and drink my blood" otherwise, we can have no part in Him.

I urge you to read the Word, not for the sake of academics or to prove a point in a discussion, but to know the Lord Jesus. Read prayerfully for the Holy Spirit to open your heart to the truth in the Bible. In my walk, it had been a big help reading the Books of John and 1 John, the disciple beloved of Christ.

Turn off everything else for a while: no sermonindex, no listening to human preachers, no listening to "Christian" songs - just dwell in the Word of God for a while with a mind focused on knowing Him who loved you more than himself.

2009/10/29 12:00Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I just posted then saw your reply to Leo. I think the answer is this, we are drawn to Jesus in the beginning of our walk because of what He has done for us. He is the only one that can save us. However as we sit at His feet and come to know Him personally and have relationship and fellowship with Him daily we begin to fall in love with Him not only for what He has done for us, but because of who He is. The motivation to love Him should be because He is worthy of all our love, devotion, worship, and heart! You asked how does one love Jesus...we love Jesus with the very love that He supplies us in our heart. He is there inside you, He gives you all that you need to walk in this life and to walk with Him. That is why He is your all and all! Spend time in the Bible, don't read it like a book to gain human knowledge read it as the spoken words of God concerning His son Jesus.

God Bless
mj

2009/10/29 12:05Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Jesus Himself answered your question; "If a man love
Me, he will keep My commandments. Obedience is the proof of your love for Christ!!

2009/10/29 12:23Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Jesus in the life of a believer

John 15

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

2009/10/29 15:06Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

How do we keep His commandments? Just like we love Him, not by my works but by His. 1 John 4:17-19 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

His love in us will never fail. We love Him because He first loves us. Now is His love made in us perfect, that we NOW can love Him back as He first loved us. It is He that is in us that gives us all the attributes of the God Nature, which God the Father intended us to live with that nature from the beginning, even before the foundation of the earth.

Ephesians 1:3-14 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What is His Glory? Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Christ in us is the Glory and His working in us that works in us mightily.

Nothing of self, but all of Him, because, "as He is in this world so are we." This is NOW NOW NOW, not future or past, but NOW.

In Christ: Phillip

2009/10/29 20:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy