SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Swine Flu H1N1 should you get it done??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Swine Flu H1N1 should you get it done??

This is a serious issue and I want to bring this question to the table.

Today my Sister and her children were vaccinated. My Mother is now going to have it done. My stomach went sour when she told me that, and I asked another Christian if they were going to do it to and she said that she had her's done last week. A brother said that he wasn't going to have it done.

I work in a Care Facility and I am wondering if I too should have it done? I am at odds with this, wanting to trust God and at the same time using common sense. I've been down the road in trusting God for many things and He has always been there. But I have also observed and heard about others who have trusted God (supposedly) and die because they stopped taking their medication or went so long without treatment. I've seen people say that "God will raise me off the sick bed", they died with their sickness.

Should we take these types of chances? Unless you hear from God Himself, should we do like the woman with the issue of blood, spend all that we have in treatment? In other words, do what we know to do until faith has an opportunity to heal.

If you cut your finger off by accident by using the saw, do you pray about it first, or do you stick it back on wrap it and put it in ice and rush to the hospital? I am serious, there are Christians that really think this way. In dire straights, someone bleeding to death and they are praying. While they are praying the person dies, they bury him, he's gone. What did the praying do?

When my brother was choking on a hot dog, my father grabbed him stuck his finger down his throat and retrieved the obstruction, what if he stopped and prayed instead? My brother would have been dead.

There is a place for prayer, but there is also a place for emergencies and quick action is vital if we want to save lives. In my profession, there is no room for praying (though I do pray to myself on the job). If the house was on fire and I have to get residents out, praying ain't going to get them out. I have to get them out. If I don't, the law will not understand my reasoning. "I was praying your honour, seeking God for the best course of action". While the building is burning, I am waiting for instructions from the LORD. Sounds stupid doesn't it?

I am not belittling prayers so don't go there.

I am talking about common sense, faith, times to act and the right thing to do.

50 Million people died in 1918 (more than the first war) of the Spanish Flu and they had no vaccine in those days. My Great Aunt had it and she went down to skin and bones but she survived and lived to be almost 100 years.

I wonder if it's trusting God that I am concerned about OR is it failing God for not trusting Him?

Your thoughts on the vaccine is very important to me. Let me know if you have taken it and why? And also those of you who refuse to take it and why?

Thank you

2009/10/27 18:51
MaryJane

Re: Swine Flu H1N1 should you get it done??

Greetings Deepthinker

I think that you will get the same answers here that you have from others that you know. Some seem to feel strongly that getting this shot is safe and have no concerns in doing so, while others seem to feel that it is not safe for them to do so. I have been praying about this for awhile now and am following what I and my husband feel the Lord leading us to do. We are not getting this shot. My oldest son was told by the doctor that he has already had H1N1, he was sick for about two weeks and is now feeling much better.(I should mention he became sick before the shot was made available) Having said that I should also mention that we have never gotten any of the flu shots offered so not getting this one is not all that different for us. I have had my children vaccinated with other shots from the time they were little and never felt unsafe in doing so. As Ginnyrose said on the other thread, Polo was a devastating disease. My dad suffered with it as a child and then again in the years before his death. I thank God there was a vaccine available for my children.

As for going to the doctor, when I or someone in may care has become sick I check to see what is wrong and then I pray about it. Clearly when my son was in a bicycle accident and was lying on the ground with a head injury and two broken arms I knew at once that God was urging me to react, to get him help and I did so. Many prayers went up during that time, that the doctor would be careful and mindful during the surgery, that no infections or complications would set in and so forth. Then there have been other times when the Lord has clearly shown me to wait and not go to the doctor and I was faithful during those times as well to submit myself to His will. In both of these cases I put my faith and trust in the Lord and He provided for me and my family.

I do not think there is a one size fits all kind of answer to your question except to trust in what the Lord is leading you personally to walk out whether that be to get this shot or not. After praying about this place your trust in Him and walk out what He shows you. Seek God daily in all things,submitting yourself unto His leading. Can't go wrong if you do.

God Bless
mj

2009/10/27 19:53Profile
Leo_Grace

Dear DeepThinker,

I can understand people who may refuse the vaccine because they believe it to be unsafe. It has been rushed and approved for release on emergency basis, so it hasn't gone through the various confirmatory tests to prove it's safety. On this basis, refusal is understandable.

What I don't agree with is people who would refuse because they think having a vaccination means lack of faith in God. This is simply a false understanding of faith. Faith is believing that God can accomplish his purpose for us, including healing us when we are sick. But faith is also believing that he is all-powerful, able to use any and all available resources for his disposal.

For example, he directs chosen missionaries to travel thousands of miles in order to preach the gospel to the unsaved. He could easily win lost souls as he did with Paul, blind them with his presence, terrify them with his voice, and win them to himself by the power of his divine will - but he does not normally do this. He chooses to use men and resources to accomplish this rather that completing the work directly.

In my view, anyone who thinks taking medicine or going to a doctor signifies a lack of faith in God - that person is the one short of faith. Short of faith for underestimating God's ability to control our situation and provide for us through others, and short of faith for not knowing enough of scripture to realize that God works in all things.

[i]Ro 8:28 And we know that [b]in all things[/b] God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.[/i]

Believers who take medicine and go to the doctor don't forget who the greatest physician is - we pray for God to guide the hand of our surgeons, or to lead our doctors to the right treatment. God is never out of the picture.

2009/10/27 19:54Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Regarding the H1N1 flu, I and my whole family have gotten it and recovered. We caught it before vaccine was available.

H1N1 is not like other types of flu. It attacks the respiratory system such that, if you have a preexisting condition, your life could be in danger. Except for extended bouts of coughing, my wife and kids shrugged off this flu easily.

In my case, since I was recovering from major surgery and still a bit weak from previous chemotherapy, I experienced prolonged high fever and developed pneumonia. There was a point when breathing became quite difficult for me. But with loving care from my wife and kids, I pulled through. It is not something that you would want to catch if your breathing is already compromised.

2009/10/27 20:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

We have not taken this shot and do not plan to. Why? Common sense.

This site helped shape my opinion about it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/24/CBS-Reveals-that-Swine-Flu-Cases-Seriously-Overestimated.aspx?sms_ss=facebook

ginnyrose

2009/10/27 20:16Profile
nearthecross

Re:

The following website was specifically created to combat the misinformation, distortion, and confusion regarding the Swine Flu and the new vaccine:
http://swineflu.mercola.com

2009/10/27 21:25Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Statistics show that H1N1 is around 400% less lethal than the seasonal flu.

Is that worth a taking a vaccine with mercury and squalene?

For some people yes, others no.

2009/10/27 22:13Profile

Re:

Thank you for your answers so far. I am mainly bothered by my Mother taking it. She has never taken a flu shot, but she has a dedicated relationship with my Sister and basically she is following her lead. I am very concerned, and my insides feel like they are going to burst because of the anxiety of her doing something like this. I feel that it's not right to take.

Quote:
Phil 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Your answers have been encouraging. I felt the need to express this question in this forum as it's really weighing heavy on my mind in regards to my kin.

I ask that anyone that feels led, to help me pray for my Mother that she make the right decision. Thank you

2009/10/27 22:26
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
really weighing heavy on my mind in regards to my kin.

I can appreciate your concern but may I suggest you just relax? Taking this shot is not a sinful thing to do. Taking it or not taking it will not determine ones destiny...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/10/27 22:43Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: mercola

DT,

No matter how much you love her, you can't tell your mother what to do! Ginnyrose does bring it down to the nitty gritty!!

nearthecross was correct about Mercola! If you have to take the vaccine because of work, you can read the following excerpt from an article on his website:

Excerpt of [url=http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/19/The-Truth-about-the-Flu-Shot.aspx]What To Do if You are Forced to Take Swine Flu Shot [/url]:

The Following was composed by Dr. Russell Blaylock as a method to reduce autoimmune reactions to the flu vaccines only. Do not use this if you have the flu itself. These are just general observations and not medical advice. You should work with your doctor for a specific program.

Treatment for Toxic Vaccine Exposure

1. Place a cold compress on the site of the injection immediately after the injection and continue this as often as possible for at least two days. If symptoms of fever, irritability, fatigue or flu-like symptoms reoccur -- continue the cold compresses until they abate. A cold shower or bath will also help.

2. Take fish oils -- I recommend the Norwegian fish oil made by Carlson Labs -- it has the correct balance of EPA and DHA to reduce the cytokine storm. The dose is one tablespoon a day -- if severe symptoms develop -- two tablespoons a day until well and then switch to one tablespoon a day. Children -- one teaspoon a day.

3. Curcumin, quercetin, ferulic acid and ellagic acid as a mixture -- the first two must be mixed with extravirgin olive in one teaspoon. Take the mix three times a day (500 mg of each)

4. Vitamin E (natural form) 400 IU a day (high in gamma-E)

5. Vitamin C 1000 mg four times a day

6. Astaxanthin 4 mg a day

7. Zinc 20 mg a day for one week then 5 mg a day

8. Avoid all immune stimulating supplements (mushroom extracts, whey protein) except beta-glucan -- it has been shown to reduce inflammation, microglial activation and has a reduced risk of aggravating autoimmunity, while increasing antiviral cellular immunity.

9. Take a multivitamin/mineral daily (one without iron -- Extend Core)

10. Magnesium citrate/malate 500 mg of elemental magnesium two capsules three times a day

11. Vitamin D3:
....1 All Children -- 5000 IU a day for two weeks after vaccine then 2000 IU a day thereafter
....2 Adults -- 20,000 IU a day after vaccine for two weeks then 10,000 IU a day thereafter
....3 Take 500 mg to 1000 mg of calcium citrate a day for adults and 250 mg a day for children under age 12 years.

12. Avoid all mercury-containing seafood

13. Avoid omega-6 oils (corn, safflower, sunflower, soybean, canola and peanut oils)

14. Blenderize parsley and celery and drink 8 ounces twice a day

15. Take Jatoba tea extract (add 20 drops in on cup of tea) one day before the vaccine and the twice a day thereafter. (you can get it at [url=http://www.iherb.com/Amazon-Therapeutics-Jatoba-1-oz-30-ml/14429?at=0]http://www.iherb.com/Amazon-Therapeutics-Jatoba-1-oz-30-ml/14429?at=0[/url]) It is inexpensive.

2009/10/28 6:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy