SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Is going to the doctor or taking medicine a lack of faith?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting heartsong

I appreciate your heart on this and I know that many of us can share the same experiences in the Lords provision in just the right moment even when there was need for monies to go to the doctor to care for a sick child. Many occasions the Lord provided just the amount needed to cover doctor visits and medicines and I rejoiced and thanked Him for His care and cover for my family. I think it awesome that you hardly ever sick, I agree with you that you should stand on your conviction if led to not go to doctors then do not go. My issue here is that you are writing and sharing in such a way on this thread and even on a few others that if a believer does chose to go to the doctor he/she is some how lacking in faith or trust in the Lord. This is simply just not true. yes there are those who are fearful and hypochondriacs that run to the doctor for every little thing and never even seek the Lord but they are few. Most Christians I know prayerful consider what is best for their families and seek the Lord in walking that out. My choosing to take my son to the doctor when he was sick is just as much walking with the Lord and trusting Him as you choosing not to go. Please think about how your posts are coming across, you do not want to heap condemnation on anyone because they are not holding to this same conviction that you feel the Lord has for you?

God Bless you
mj

2009/10/27 12:49Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Is there an eleventh commandment that says: "Thou shalt have no other doctors before me."?

If not, then stop preaching this.

2009/10/27 13:11Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Quote:

...am related to a few of them.

NC motto.

"Come live in North Carolina, where ALL are family." :-) :-P

Love ya bro!

2009/10/27 13:18Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Dear MaryJane,

The only thing that I am preaching is Jesus Christ.

Jesus saves.

2009/10/27 14:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
"Come live in North Carolina, where ALL are family."

You know you're from NC if you walk your kid to school... because you're in the same grade.

Krispy

2009/10/27 14:25
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting heartsong

You wrote:Dear MaryJane,

The only thing that I am preaching is Jesus Christ.

Jesus saves.

___

By all means sister preach Jesus, no one here has a problem with that and yes Jesus does save. However Jesus did not say "Do not go to the doctor." People who go to the doctor are not less trusting or have less faith in the Lord then you do sister. Please prayerfully consider how you are coming off to others? No where in the Bible does it say that if a believer goes to the doctor they are in danger of loosing their salvation, nor does it say they are guilty of having a lack of faith. This is your conviction from the Lord so continue to walk in it but don't hold others to a standard that the Bible does not hold them to. I will be praying for you.

God Bless
mj

2009/10/27 14:49Profile
mela07

Re: Is going to the doctor or taking medicine a lack of faith?

thanks for asking those questions because I was wondering the same thing:)

2009/10/27 16:15Profile
mela07

Re:

I like your response ccchhhrrriiisss.

2009/10/27 16:20Profile
rbanks

Re:

Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Everyone must decide in his own heart according to his own faith. These are matters that you can't tell someone else what they must do. Each person's faith walk is between themselves and God. We are not to tell other people whether they can go to a doctor or not, but if one has faith to go or not to go, it is between him/her and God.

Blessings to all!

2009/10/27 16:33Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Heart song:-)

In your post you wrote "Do not focus on the sin. Focus on the Lord. Ask Him heal you of all of the things that He sees to be wrong with you. Ask Him to show you what it is that you need to adjust."

--
Not sure what you meant by this. What sin are you referring to exactly? Is it your understanding that my asthma is the result of some sin that I have not repented of? I do pray daily asking the Lord to reveal to me anything in my heart that might not be of Him so that I might repent of it. I can honestly say that I have not felt any conviction over using my inhaler in the past.

I understand that your not trying to tell me that I have do what you did in eating certain foods but I am confused because you also say things like this, "Others will mock you and scorn you - but He will never forsake you - if you will but only believe."
--
What do you mean exactly when you say "if you will believe?" I do believe God can heal me if He chooses to. I have always trusted that He has provided for me with my health and stuff.

your little sis in Him
elizabeth

2009/10/27 18:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy