SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can Jesus Make A Man Holy? Self-Righteous Pharisees

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I can't image the Apostle Paul coming on this forum, attacking holiness and defending sin, and teaching that Jesus Christ is powerless to save. A Gospel that doesn't save men from sin is not a Gospel at all.

It is only because of Jesus Christ in our lives that we will walk in victory over sin. On our own, we sin every day. But with Jesus Christ, we are more than conquerors. The proof that we have the Holy Spirit in our lives is that we live a holy life (Ravenhill).

This should be a place where brothers are encouraged in holiness, not attacked and discouraged even for believing in it!

2009/10/25 21:53
Leo_Grace

Re:

Truefaithsav,

Holiness begins with humility, not pride. It begins by acknowledging weakness, not denying it. The Lord Jesus moves with power in our lives when we are contrite, not when we are gloating.

[i]2Co 12:9 But he said to me, [color=CC3300]“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ”[/color] Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.[/i]

2009/10/25 23:03Profile
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Quote:
I can't image the Apostle Paul coming on this forum, attacking holiness and defending sin, and teaching that Jesus Christ is powerless to save. A Gospel that doesn't save men from sin is not a Gospel at all.

So, after all this discussion, you believe that those that disagree with you...

a) are attacking righteousness
b) are defending sin
c) are teaching that Christ is powerless

You see, when you attempt 'straw men' arguments like this one, you not only prove your arguments as incredibly weak, but also alienate everyone from you. What are you thinking with that response?

Do you think we all love sin, hate righteousness and see Christ as weak? Or is it more to do with someone that has forgotten from where he's fallen, and who holds him up?

I've said before that I appreciate the zeal. Why don't you quit looking down on everyone that doesn't confess to be as righteous as you do, and rather encourage your brothers?

2009/10/25 23:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy