SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Nancy Leigh DeMoss Favorite quotes on holiness!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Nancy Leigh DeMoss Favorite quotes on holiness!

"Conspicuous holiness ought to be the mark of the church of God. A holy church has God in the midst of her."
-C. H. Spurgeon

"It is not great talents or great learning or great preachers that God needs, but men great in holiness."
-E. M. Bounds

"There is no shortcut to holiness; it must be the business of our whole lives."
-William Wilberforce

"The greatest need of those around me is my personal holiness."
-Robert Murray McCheyne

"Jesus Christ has undertaken by His redemption to put in me a heart so pure that God can see nothing to censure."
-Oswald Chambers

"A baptism of holiness, a demonstration of godly living is the crying need of our day."
-Duncan Campbell

"There must be nothing in my daily conduct that, copied by another, could lead that one into unholiness."
-Helen Roseveare

"We are not to be isolated but insulated, moving in the midst of evil but untouched by it."
-Vance Havner

"Holiness is nothing less than conformity to the character of God."
-Jerry Bridges

"According to your holiness, so shall be your success. A holy man is an awesome weapon in the hand of God."
-Robert Murray McCheyne

"Our lives must be such that observers may peep within doors and may see nothing for which to blame us."
-C.H. Spurgeon

"The sum of all God's attributes, the outshining of all that God is, is holiness."
-R.A. Finlayson

---
www.reviveourhearts.com
Check out Nancy Leigh DeMoss's ministry with daily radio shows archived, its a great resource for men and women, but especially women in a day when modesty and holiness is unknown.

2004/9/21 12:00Profile
moreofHim

Re: Nancy Leigh DeMoss Favorite quotes on holiness!

Here is the prayer Nancy prayed everyday in the year before birthing her newest book 'Holiness':

Oh, God show me more of Your holiness.
Show me more of my sinfulness.
Help me to hate sin and to love righteousness as You do.
Grant me a deeper conviction of sin and a more thorough spirit of repentance.
And make me holy as You are holy.

As she worked on this book and prayed this prayer, the Spirit of God worked on her. She writes, "I've had to face the fact that I am often more bothered by other's failures than by my own shortcomings."

As she wrestled with how to communicate the message of holiness, God gently and graciously exposed unholiness in her own heart- "Things like lack of self-control in relation to my tongue, my reactions, and my eating and spending habits. I've had to admit that I love myself more than I love others, that I care too much about the impression I make on others and too little about pleasing God."

(Nancy's humility is one of the things I love about her!)

-Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thes.5:23

In His love, chanin

2004/9/21 13:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Oh, God show me more of Your holiness.
Show me more of my sinfulness.
Help me to hate sin and to love righteousness as You do.
Grant me a deeper conviction of sin and a more thorough spirit of repentance.
And [b]make me holy as You are holy.[/b]

WOW chanin thank you for sharing that.. I am going to write that down in my bible. Praise God what a prayer. God blesses the lowly! the poor in spirit shall see God. Praise God for making us holy as He is Holy!

2004/9/21 13:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy